Chapter 72

Neil could feel her crying her eyes out. Yes he did make an unannounced decision, it can be rash but not wrong.

She might not give it a thought as all her life was completely different from what a child should be expecting.

It's in her blood now that she has been lowering her self esteem, self loathing and undermining herself.

She can't be perfect but for him this is the most perfect person with all her imperfections adding more to her beauty.

Avni on the other hand could not just come up with words as she was so upset with the turn of events.

Her own father is failing herself. The moment she tries to move ahead her past pulls her back.

She has been sick and tired of all this yet she still wants to make an attempt as even though she did not have any fond memories of the family but hasmukh had once asked her to like them just like she likes him.

She wanted to be desperately beside him at the moment. Life is a mess which she has been trying to clean all this time but how can drag a person who should not suffer?

She needs the answers or someone who can be of help. She wants to just fly away to some place where there is no one who knows her or wants to talk with her.

This has to stop. Definitely this needs to else there will be nothing else then regret. She calmed herself even though she wasn't able to but this man who has held her in her protective embrace, the one who has helped her on every stage, the one who still is willing to move ahead with her inspite her circumstances. Her mind chided her to stay away as much as possible.

She slowly came out of his embrace. All she could do was try to utter some words.

Without looking at him- i will go back. Let's assume this never happened.

With that she left not giving him a single chance to speak. He knew her a bit and so before she could run away he was quick to hold her.

Neil- you can assume it was all over but for me nothing changes and so does my love for you. I am a human being who has a heart. It is true that had it been the earlier Neil he would have cared less about your problem but this is the one who has given himself to you.

There are days where I have to hold myself back from speaking my heart out because I am not sure which things I say will hurt you or make you uncomfortable.

There are things I want to do with your family but I can't as it's for you to decide. At times like this when you are all lost like a dead person, it breaks me to see you as all I have seen is the smiling and cheerful person in the hospital gown.

For you, you might be a failure or anything you want to name but for me it's the first impression of someone who is innocent and I want to try my best to preserve this.

Avni knew what he was saying but she definitely is not the correct choice for him. She quickly got out of his grip and ran away.

He saw how she was not able to look at him or rather not wanting him to read her mind. He was frustrated, frustrated with the amount of things piling up and he was trying to balance out them.

He was patient to give her all the time wanted but if this still continues she can easily be a gone case. A potential doctor who might not be able to even take care of herself.

He can deal with all the things but how can he see her going back to her silent self which her heard from Ali?

He sighed and went back as he knows nothing will pass through her mind for today.