chapter 38

They all sat in the car and Ali was so excited that he updated the pic of Shweta and Arjun together in his status. Also attaching the quote: finally when maa met her son.

And Neil was on his way to home when his phone pinged and the notification to check the messages. He was going through the message and accidently it got swiped the status column.

First as usual he was going to ignore it but then when he saw Ali's status ,he got shocked. There was a photo of a mother and a son both dear to him together standing together with tears in eyes. How did this happen? Never could he imagine them coming face to face!? But who would dare to do this? He was furious as he took the photo as a sad event rather than taking it as happy union. But it wasn't only his furiousness but also his subdued fears.

He reached gate entrance and was walking still thinking until he saw Avni getting out with shweta and he recalled his earlier conversation. Now this was the least thing that had to happen in the day.

He just without informing dragged her towards the garden area away from everyone.

Avni was just shocked and also she too was having a little fear that it is going to be really though now.

Neil-(gritting his teeth) to ye tha surprise?

Avni-Haan....mujhe ek baar..

He raised his palm to stop her in mid way only

Neil- not anymore dr.avni. I thought of you as a friend to share things with u and what u did ? U just without thinking took my mom who never in this 5 years dared to go to him? Do u even know what could have happen? Is it that hard for u to stay away from personal lives of people?(Avni was hurt, she could reason out his annoyance but sometimes extra words make things worst)

Avni-I....was.....just .. helping out.

Neil-on what grounds? That u are a friend of mine......that too just recently??

Avni just shook her head to stop tears voice cracking.

Neil-I too knew about various things about you but I stayed in my limit and was away and not making things. You knew right that he hates strangers and specially girls then too u went to him.(holds her tightly at shoulders and shakes) did u even thought of informing me? If he had any panic attack or situation got harder then??
Jerks her away.

I too knew things about u personally but I never crossed that line but u. Tell me how would you feel me speaking to ur Mehta family about yourself and trying to help u out?(now this was the last straw to Avni)

By now the family to came hearing his loud voice.

Avni pushes him and rather than being her calm self she was hell angry.

Avni- I did that just to help u out. I didn't meant to hurt u or any of ur family members. I had promised aunty to solve things and was doing that. I had seen a mother and son both stranded and so just want to ease their pain. At least I tried unlike u who is drowned in self guilt and doing nothing just beating around the bush. Yes, sir I really thought of us as friends but I don't think that we ever get to that level. As for the Mehta family, u can do whatever u want to do with them and it's good that today only we came to terms of reality cause it's hard when we would have trusted each other.

Leave it ! (Wipes her tears and exhales sharply, swallows the lump boldly) it was a great having u as my a friend and thanks for ur guidance. Just before leaving would like to ask that u were the one to help me and that girl that night! U rescued us but then y did u stayed by my side throughout the night? Where were ur limits then(laughs sarcastically) I have many such things to point out at but I would like to leave as I actually had a beautiful day until now. I am exhausted but before going last advice,if u can't let ur guilt and fear subside u won't be able help anyone not even urself.