Closure - JeongMi

ANGST INCOMING...

----------------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon's POV:

I've been standing at the old Acacia tree in the middle of my favorite childhood park for 10 minutes now and contemplating if this was a good idea or not to be here as I kept pacing back and forth like an idiot thinking for leaving every 5 seconds until a voice was heard behind me, making me stop my movements entirely.

"Hey.."

That voice...

That sweet voice always makes the hairs in the back of my neck stand up almost immediately as I turned around and saw her angelic face giving me a small smile once we were face to face.

I can feel my heart clenching, seeing Mina looking prettier as ever with the warm radiant sun highlighting her beauty even more.

Mina: "Sorry, I'm late. I just dropped off my grandmother from the airport to her hotel." she smiled apologetically.

"It's no worry. I was willing to wait for you all night if I had to."

She gave me a look that made me regret what I just said but I just chuckled awkwardly which made her follow my actions a few seconds later.

"Sorry about that. Old habits." scratching the back of my neck.

Mina: "It's alright."

"Shall we walk around a bit?"

She just nodded her head as we proceeded to slowly travel around the area that we already knew by heart, reminiscing about fun memories we shared together since we were kids.

"Do you remember when Momo flew face first from that slide over there and looking like she ate some sand since it covered half of her face?" I laughed loudly as the image of a 5 year old Momo looking up to me with full bangs and ponytails with me standing in front of her shocked to see her face all covered with sand and a confused expression on her face.

Mina: "I did. I ran as soon I saw her faceplanted on the sand and you towering over her thinking you pushed her and made her eat the sand." she started chuckling.

"And what did you do next?" raising an eyebrow towards her.

Mina: *clearing her throat* "Uhmmm.. I... asked if what happened to Momo." she gently answered.

"Right after you pushed me on the sand causing me to land on my ass."

Mina: "To be fair, it really looked like you bullied Momo back then. I just went with my instincts." she was wiping tears from her eyes from laughing to much.

"It kind of did, did it?" I chuckled back. "It caught me off-guard seeing a kid like me fly that high from a slide and landing face first in front of me I didn't know how to react." getting a handkerchief and wiping away my tears as well. "You were about to kick me too but good thing Momo told you what really happened before you foot landed on my ribs."

Mina: "I know right. I did apologized over a hundred times already though. I regretted it."

"I didn't. I got to know you that day so I had no regrets."

We both went silent once again and looked at each others eyes for a few seconds as I starred at those sparkling orbs I knew all too well for almost 20 years.

"And you got to know Chaeyoung because of me too, so you shouldn't regret that incident as well." making you blink rapidly and break eye contact as soon as those words left my mouth as I wanted to smack my own face for always ruining the moment, it is such a pet peeve of mine.