Chapter 60: No Way But Up

My new pull-up worked as expected, avoiding any embarrassing leaks after wetting myself at my desk.

This new pull-up was certainly an improvement for having to sit in class for ten minutes after having wet myself. The initial warmth and wetness faded away quickly after the accident, and the squishiness of the wet pull-up was only noticeable if I shifted at all in my seat.

I managed to avoid looking at the classroom clock anymore until the bell finally rang, and I followed Lisa off to the nearest restroom while Samantha and Desi headed toward the cafeteria.

I didn't say anything to Lisa about the accident as we walked down the hallway. Could she tell I'd had an accident? She seemed to have some kind of sixth sense about those things.

Midday was the worst time for trying to use the restroom. Finding a restroom where I didn't have to wait in line was the main challenge. That was even worse right now because I needed a bathroom stall where I could discreetly change out of a wet pull-up.

The restrooms Lisa was leading me to were a little off the main hallways, so they often had quite a few stalls that weren't full. They also had a handicap stall that was the perfect spot to change a wet pull-up in an emergency.

But we weren't in luck today. The restroom was nearly full as we walked in. Worst of all, the handicap stall at the far end of the restroom was already taken.

The last thing I wanted to deal with right now was having to stealthily change my pull-up without anyone in the stalls next to mine becoming aware of what I was doing.

That was probably the only benefit for Lisa with her incontinence issues being more widely known. If someone did happen to catch a glimpse of her pull-up from under the restroom stall walls, it wasn't as though some big secret was being revealed.

I didn't have that luxury.

I motioned for Lisa to step into the first stall we passed, while I had to go about two-thirds of the way down before I came to an open one. But that wasn't a problem. I preferred to be as far from the entrance as possible to minimize the amount of people walking past the stall I was in.

It took me about a minute to slowly tear the sides of the pull-up. As noisy as the bathroom was, the sound was so different from anything else happening in the room that I was sure it would stand out if I were to rip the sides as quickly as I would at home.

Getting the new pull-up on was the trickiest part because that involved taking both my shoes and jeans off.

It would all be a lot easier if I just went the route Lisa did and wore dresses every day. But in my mind, changing clothing styles like that would be tantamount to admitting defeat. I'd be already preparing myself for a yet-to-occur potty accident. Still, as I slipped my feet out of my jeans to allow myself to slide on a new pull-up, I found myself pondering the idea of a brief wardrobe change, if only until I was doing better with the toilet training.

With my jeans all the way to the floor, I wiggled my feet out of my shoes, which I had laced up extremely loosely for that purpose.

The next part was the worst. The stall to the left of me was empty, but there was someone in the stall on the right. If I slipped my pull-up on now, there was a chance that it would be noticed briefly before I had gotten it all the way up my legs.

I waited for several minutes, praying that the stall on my left would stay empty until the girl next to me flushed the toilet and stood up.

I immediately slipped the new pull-up on, now that I had a window of opportunity where I could do so sight unseen and breathe a sigh of relief once that was done.