FIFTEEN

ZANDER

It had been a week since I surprised Cain in his office, since I had told him I loved him. He hadn't said anything about it, most likely thinking that I didn't remember saying it. I may have been high on pleasure, but that didn't mean that I didn't mean it. Funnily enough, I had loved him since I had found him with Olive. He was my mate, obviously it was going to hurt to see him with another person, but when he came to help me. When he showed how sorry he was about it, that was when I knew that I was undoubtedly in love with him.

With it coming to four months since we had started our contract, I figured it was time to tell Cain the truth. It was easy to say I was more than a little nervous. It was a Thursday, so I was guaranteed to see Cain, all I had to do was wait.

It was nerve wracking to say the least, I had never told someone I was a werewolf before, I didn't know how I was supposed to or what I needed for it. Did I need to make a PowerPoint? Have a display board with important information? I had no idea what I was doing so I had way of knowing if I was doing it the right way or not.

Before I had time to worry more about it, Cain walked into the bedroom. "I hope you don't mind puppy, but I am so drained from work today. I just want to hold you and go to bed," he sighed as he shut the bedroom door and shrugged off his suit jacket. Since we had been together, more or less, I wondered why he would always wear a full suit whenever he was working. Even if he stayed in the house all day, he still wore one. If it was to get more respect, I didn't get it, his men would already die for him if needed, how much more respect can you get after that?

"I don't mind at all, Master. But before that, I have something that we need to talk about." He smiled and nodded before he came to sit next to me on the bed. I would've let him get out of the uncomfortable suit before our talk, but I was certain that'd I'd lose my nerve if I did.

I was nervous enough as it was, so I avoided eye contact and knelt at his feet. Looking up at him from that position made my fast beating heart slow to a normal pace. He smiled down at me and gently ran his hand through my hair. I nuzzled my cheek into his hand, if this talk went any other way than positive, I wanted to commit that moment to memory. I wanted to commit every part of him to memory.

"Master, I haven't been entirely honest with you," I began, he frowned at my words. "About what exactly I am. I-I'm a werewolf."

He laughed softly, "I know that I call you my puppy, but I think that may have gotten to your pretty little head. There is no such thing as werewolves, they aren't real."

"I can prove it," I said and waited until he nodded to get up and begin undressing. He narrowed his eyes as he watched me suspiciously.

"This better not be a trick to get into my pants, puppy." He said, his tone held such a high level of authority that it made me shiver.

"I promise it's not, I just don't want to destroy these," I said, referring to the underwear set I had just taken off. I took a breath and cleared my mind as I began to shift to my wolf form.

When doing this, a werewolf would draw power from their pack and family. But because I had run away from mine, I was alone and had no help for the shift. One I was on all fours, I looked up to see Cain completely on the bed, his eyes wide in shock. I moved my ears back and pressed my body as close to the floor as I could manage. I wasn't very big for a werewolf, before I left home I was made fun of a lot by my peers due to my smaller size. My eyes were the shade blue as my human form and my fur was white.

Slowly, he moved his feet back to the ground, "Zander?" My tail began to wag as I crawled over to him until I was able to run my head against his leg. He smiled down at me as he cautiously moved a hand down to pet my head.

I sighed happily as I felt his fingers sift through my fur. If he accepted me I had to get his help brushing out my fur. I was long overdue.

I sighted back and looked up at him, panting from the slight pain that came with shifting. "Believe me now?" I asked softly, it was going to take me a minute to get back to full strength after that. It had been months since my last shift, my body wasn't used to it.

"There's no not believing you after that, baby. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around it. 25 years I go believing that humans are the only things on this earth, it's kind of a lot. What else is real that we've been told isn't?" As he spoke I pulled back on my underwear and knelt at his feet once again.

"Well, most of it really. Ghosts, vampires, fairies," I listed off creatures that were hidden to humans. Really, I shouldn't have told him any of this, we are only supposed to tell our mates about werewolves existence and only about others if said creatures were in or near our pack.

"Dragons?" He asked, he had a kind of childish hopeful shine to his eyes. Adorable.

"Dragon shifters haven't been documented in well over a century but there may be a few out there somewhere, hidden to everyone."

"This is a lot, why tell me? Isn't this something you are supposed to keep hidden from humans? How do you know that you can trust me? You know the kind of work I'm in, the kind of person I am."

"There was something else I wanted to tell you."

"There's more, how can there be more?" He mumbled in disbelief which made me giggle.

"But I wanted you to know all of me before I told you. What I am was the last thing you needed to know. Master, from the moment you walked into that room in the basement I knew that I had to get close to you. I know that when we began our contract, it was just that. A contract. But as our time together went on, I began to feel more and more for you. All of this, me telling you about what I am... well it's because I've fallen in love with you."

Once I was done talking I looked up at Cain who wore an unreadable expression.

UPDATES EVERY MONDAY 3PM EST