TWENTY-SEVEN

ZANDER

I watched as Gavin's lifeless body fell to the ground after Cain shot him between the eyes. I was surprised that I didn't feel anything at the sight; six months ago the sight would've put me on my ass.

I turned to Cain and batted my eyes at him, hoping to distract from disobeying him. "Those pretty eyes of yours can only get you so far, puppy." He said as he held my face in his hand, running his thumb over the apple of my cheek.

Before I could say anything, Cain picked me up so I was draped over his shoulder. I laughed loudly when he smacked my ass playfully. I rested my hands in fists on his back, holding myself up.

As Cain ran back into the house and started up the stairs, I saw Olive come from further in the house. I groaned internally, not wanting to deal with him.

I had only interacted with him once since I caught him with Cain. That one time, he didn't even speak to me; he just looked at me like I was gum on his shoe. I was thankful that he didn't put up a fight for Cain, I would've won but it still would've been annoying.

My eyes widened when Olive didn't come anywhere near us, instead he ran to Soren. Soren wrapped his arms around Olive and hugged him so tight he was lifted off the ground. "W-wait, Cain." I whispered, we were on the stop of the stairs by then.

Cain paused, "What is it? I want to get you into bed."

"Soren and Olive, have they always been that close?" I asked softly. Cain set me down and turned to look at Soren, who was holding Olive's face in his hands.

"I'll talk with them later about it. Right now," He said as he grabbed my waist. "I'm taking my mate back to our room and I'm going to fuck him."

I giggled as he dragged me down the hallway. Right before we got to the bed I froze, "Wait." I said, causing him to groan loudly in frustration. "I'm covered in blood, I don't want to ruin the bed." I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "Why don't we go take a shower?"

We both laughed between kisses as we made our way through the bedroom to the bathroom. Our remaining clothes were tossed behind us in a scattered line.

Cain pulled away from me once we were in the bathroom to get the shower ready. "I hope you don't think you're getting out of your punishment. Being in the shower doesn't change anything." I chuckled at his words, I knew that he was just trying to rile me up, but what could he do when he didn't have any gear.

My eyes widened when he gently pushed me into the shower and closed the glass door behind me. It meant that he was getting gear, shit, I thought. I looked down as I waited for him to come back, entranced by the red liquid swirling down the drain.

I jumped when Cain opened the door without warning, "alright, here's the plan. I'm going to tie you to the shower, wash you, then fuck you." I was about to ask how I was going to get tied up in the shower when Cain stepped in. He pulled down rings that were sunk into the wall of the shower, and started securing ropes to the rings.

I was surprised that he was going easy on me. I did disobey him, normally that would've gotten me at least ten spankings. I wasn't about to say anything that could've made things worse for me though. Not ready to leave the warmth of the water, I slowly stepped to Cain once he was ready for me.

"Don't worry, once I'm done washing you, you'll warm up quickly." He said as he tapped my ass. I tugged on the restrains around my wrists once Cain was done tying me up.

I sighed happily when Cain began to lather shampoo into my hair. There was no better feeling than having my mate's hands on me; especially when he ran them through my hair. When he was done, he used the handheld showerhead to rinse me before putting in the conditioner. I sighed in content as he gently scrubbed my body clean. Once he was done he rinsed my body and hair with the handheld.

Cain laughed when I jumped as he changed the settings of the shower, changing it to the rainfall setting. "Alright," He said as he pressed himself against me, "Let's get started."

I sighed, leaning my head back to let the water run down my face, as Cain got to work on my body. Cain held me close, wrapping his arms around me as our bodies became flush with him inside me. Water made our bodies slide easily against each other.

Cain rubbed his face into my neck as he groaned, "so good for me, puppy. A-all mine." He stuttered as his voice broke causing me to worry. I focused more on his breathing and his heartbeat and frowned when I realized he was crying.

"Master? A-are you alright?" A moan cut my sentence in half because his hips didn't stop moving. His arms tightened around me, it was then that I felt his tears hit my skin.

His hips started to slow as he began to sob. The sound broke my heart, Cain had never cried in front of me before.

"Master, let go and untie me." I knew that it was a bad idea to give him demands but I didn't know what else to do. He said nothing and he didn't move as he continued to cry. "Cain." I tried again but even with me using his real name, he didn't react.

I sighed and looked up at my wrists. I hated using my strength, I refused to even try during play. I loved letting go of that part of myself and giving everything I had to Cain, it made me feel free. But if Cain kept crying like he was, I was going to be tied up all night. So I hoped that the ropes would break instead of the shower wall as I yanked my hands away from my binding. Thankfully, the ropes broke and fell to the shower floor.

I pulled myself away from Cain before turning and wrapping my arms around him. "Master, please talk to me," I whispered softly.

He looked up at me with tear flooded eyes, "I-i." He stopped as another sob left his mouth.

I turned off the shower and pulled Cain out to dry him. After we were both dry, I pulled us into bed and held him. We laid there for what felt like hours before he pulled away to look at me.

"I have never been so scared, watching you fight. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. If you-" He took a shaky breath and continued. "I never want to feel like that ever again. Zander, I can't lose you."