SEVENTEEN

ZANDER

It had barely been twenty-four hours since I had claimed Cain, and it felt like so much of our relationship had changed. There was nothing different we did, it was literally just the feeling that I had claimed him. Just knowing that Cain loved me and wore my mark was enough to change everything.

"Hey, puppy, I'm taking you out tonight." Cain said as we sat down for lunch. We were having creamy fettuccine alfredo that Cain had made. I had tried to help cook the dish once, Cain nearly threw a fit when I asked where the canned alfredo sauce was.

"Out? Like outside?" I asked as I waited for him to take his first bite of food before starting on my own. After all the time that I had been with Cain, we had never left the house. There was never a need to, Cain's men did the shopping and what they didn't get I had delivered; I had everything I could've ever wanted. And it wasn't like I wasn't allowed outside, I was able to go in the backyard and pool for as much sun as I wanted. Cain did leave on occasion but I was never allowed to go with him, he didn't want me involved in any mafia work.

"Yes, I'm taking you out on a date. It'll be at one of my restaurants."

"You own restaurants? As in more than one?" I asked curiously.

"While I do own one, the others are under the Crows protection so it's like a partner ownership. The one we are going to is the one that I own, it's a fancy place so wear something nice." He smirked at me, causing me to blush.

"Well, Master, would you like to pick my outfit or do you trust my sense of style?" I asked in a teasing tone.

He looked at me with sharp eyes as he set down his utensils and leaned toward me. "puppy, after all those deliciously sinful outfits you put together just for me." he paused as he looked my body up and down, licking his lips. "There is no one that I trust more to dress you."

Well now I have to find a way to one up myself. I thought dreadfully.

⇇ ⇉

I looked at myself in the mirror wearing my underwear for the evening. It was a white lacy piece that hugged every inch of me from my chest to my ass. Normally there would be garters around my thighs and straps on my shoulders to hold the piece in place, but I removed those for comfort since I was wearing it under clothes.

For my normal clothes, I decided on a simple white dress shirt, a dark gray vest with matching dress pants, and a black tie. I wasn't a very big fan of hyper-masculine suits, they did nothing to show off my figure. I was perfectly fine with a simple vest that hugged my sides and dress pants that were tight but not too much so. Of course I also wore my collar, it was a little embarrassing at first, having the word plaything on display around my neck in public. But after thinking about it, there was no reason to care if others would judge me for it, they didn't matter. All that mattered was what my Master thought, and if Cain was comfortable with it then so was I. If he wasn't, he would've done something.

I quickly got dressed and fixed my hair before running down stairs to meet Cain at the front door. He had wanted what I was wearing to be a surprise for himself, so he had gotten ready in another part of the house.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard him take in a sharp breath. It made my chest fill with pride, knowing the effect I had on my mate. He was wearing a full black suit with a white dress shirt, the first few buttons were undone, and no tie. He looked like sex on legs.

"You look stunning, puppy." He said as I made my way toward him, once I was close enough to wrap my arm around his outstretched one, he whispered in my ear. "I can't wait to tear it off of you tonight."

I blushed and said nothing in return as he led me out of the house and to the car. We both sat in the back as one of his men drove us.

I had thought that our date was going to be just us but as I watched a car with at least four of his men follow us, I realized that was naive of me. Cain was a big time mafia boss, of course he could've taken care of himself, but he was also a very important man so it wasn't smart going places without at least some back up.

⇇ ⇉

It was a short drive to the restaurant, and it wasn't long after that that we were seated, in fact it was almost as soon as we walked through the door that we were led to our table. "S-so what made you want to take me out, Sir?" I asked softly.

"You can use my name puppy,"

"Oh, a-alright then, Cain." I said, testing his name out. He grinned at me.

"I wanted to take you out because I want to know more about you than just what you like in bed. I just accepted you as my life partner, I want to know everything about you."

I blushed when he said life partner, it still had yet to sink in that I was mated. "Where should I start? I ran away when I was eighteen, I'm not really ready to talk about why or where I was before that." he nodded in understanding but frowned with concern. "I ended up here to get away, but I wasn't prepared when I came here so I was homeless for a while. Thankfully, one of my old neighbors found me and took pity on me. They took me to their landlord and after he heard my story, he said I could live there rent free for a bit.

"How was the apartment?" He asked as he took my hand in his over the table. He gently caressed my knuckles causing me to blush and look away.

"It was better than being on the streets but I'll be honest, it was a nightmare. The heating never worked right, all the doors were offset, the floor would creak with every step, I could go on but I don't want to bore you." I looked up at him and saw so much anger in his eyes so I added, "or make you want to kill someone."

"No wonder you like living with me, puppy."

"It's not just the money!" I quickly corrected, "I would be happy with you even if we lived at that apartment and had nothing to our names." I paused and leaned toward him with a smile. "But it is a plus, being able to buy pretty things to wear for you." I smiled as I watched his eyes grow dark with lust.

" I smiled as I watched his eyes grow dark with lust

UPDATES EVERY MONDAY 3 PM EST