Chapter 1

"Mr. Dignita?"

Gia opened his eyes and found his personal secretary looking at him with a worried expression. He rubbed his eyes and let out a polite cough, embarrassed to be caught napping in the office.

"Are you alright, Sir? You looked tired," The secretary inquired.

The man straightened his back and smiled apologetically. "I'm alright. Sorry to worry you, Amaria." He shifted his attention to the half-opened door in his office and turned to his secretary again. "Is someone here to see me?"

Amaria clapped her hands together. "Ah, I almost forgot. Mr. Clown is here. Should I show him in now?"

"Mr. Clown who?"

"Your friend, Sir," Amaria said flatly.

"I don't know any clown." Her boss looked confused.

Amaria did not respond. She put down a large sealed envelope on his desk. "From the agency."

Gia nodded and thanked her. He considered opening the envelope right away but decided against it and instead, locked it inside his drawer for the time being. "So, our guest..."

"Right. I'll..." Before Amaria could finish her sentence, someone pushed the door and walked into Gia's office without knocking.

"How long are you going to make me wait outside?"

A man who was about the same age as Serogia Dignita, strode across the room and took a seat right in front of him without asking for permission. His shoulder length golden hair tied loosely in half-updo and white suit sparked contrast with the man seating across him, who sported dark grey suit and short jet-black hair.

"This is Mr. Clown," Amaria introduced the guest to Gia.

"Right." Gia thanked his secretary for the introduction. She then left the room looking disappointed after her offer to serve the guest her signature drink was declined politely by her boss.

"It's unusual for you to come here. What's up, Jean?" Gia turned to his long-time friend.

The guest's eyes did not leave Amaria until she disappeared behind the door. "I haven't seen her for a while. Still cute as always, is she taken already?"

Gia smacked his casanova friend's head. "I've told you many times. Don't mess with Amaria."

Jean leaned back and laughed. "I'm just kidding. I won't touch good girls like her."

"So?" Gia crossed his arms and lifted his eyebrows, demanding an explanation.

"Ah, where were we?" Jean shifted his chair and leaned forward to the table. "Right. It's about my sister, well, not exactly my sister, but someone my sister knew."

"Sera?" Sera was Jean's older sister. She used to 'babysit' the two boys back in the past although technically, Gia was older than her.

Jean nodded. "You remember who Sera's husband is and where he works, right?"

"I attended their wedding and yes, I know his family."

Jean's lips curled up with satisfaction. "Okay."

Gia narrowed his eyes and sighed. "I have amnesia not dementia, Jean. And it's long time ago it's almost irrelevant now."

"I know!! I'm just checking. Well, I'm here today because she asked me to. So, there is this girl who started working at Crown-Graham Tower about a year ago whom Sera is really fond of."

"What about it?"

Jean crossed his arms and leaned back, looking thoughtful. "Do you remember when old Leo appointed you as his successor last month?"