Chapter 24

The next morning, Gia woke up to voices of people talking. He opened his eyes and tried to remember what happened the night before.

Right. I had a fever and Agata let me sleep here...

His body still felt a little sluggish but he forced himself to get up. He sat on the bed for a few minutes studying the room he was in. The room was not big but it was comfortable. There was a desk across the bed and a few photos were hanging on a loose string on the wall above it. Gia walked closer to see the pictures. Some were taken in the orphanage, he guessed, judging from the wide age range of the children in the photo. There was one where a teenager Agata was surrounded by a few kids. It looked like she was teaching them how to draw with crayons. She looked so cute and happy in the picture it made him smile.

Phone... I need my phone.... Gia searched around and felt his clothes. His eyes caught the clothes he was wearing yesterday folded neatly on the desk in front of him. His white shirt, suit, pants... all washed and pressed. My clothes... When did I... He looked down to see what he was wearing, and then the memory from the evening before came down on him. Oh no... please no...

Gia walked to the door after changing back to his clothes. Now, the voices were much clearer. He knew the owners.

Jean looked up when he heard the sound of door opening from the direction of the bedroom.

"You are up. How are you feeling?" He asked while chewing his food.

"Uh huh..." Gia took a seat in front of his friend. A moment later, he asked, "Why are you eating here?"

"You worried the entire household, making yours truly ran around looking for you all night, and that's the first thing you ask me?!" Jean rolled his eyes.

"Do you really have to put it like that?" Gia sighed.

"You guys are noisy. Leave after eating your breakfast." Agata dropped a tray of breakfast in front of Gia. Gia avoided her eyes and just murmured softly, "Thank you."

Agata placed her hand on his forehead and nodded with satisfaction. "Looks like the fever has gone completely. Your face is still red though. Are you feeling alright?" Agata asked.

Gia nodded his head rapidly and his face was getting redder at each nod.

"Woah... are you okay, Gia?" Jean asked, half laughing.

Agata then took her seat beside Gia to continue eating her breakfast.

"Urm... my phone. Do you have it with you?" Gia stretched his open palm.

"Oh, right." Agata took out a phone from her pocket and passed it to him. "Here. It was ringing all night long. I was afraid it would disturb your sleep so I brought it out of the room."

Jean stared at them quietly and humming meaningfully. "Hmmmm..."

"What?" Agata asked.

"You two look like newlyweds. I'm jealous."

"Wha... what are you saying, you idiot!!" Agata almost dropped her spoon.

Gia did not seem to hear them. He switched on his phone and checked the call logs. A few missed calls, mostly from Jean and Amaria. "Did Amaria call you?"

Jean nibbled awkwardly at his toast. "Uh huh. She said you didn't come home and didn't pick up her call. She was extremely worried and made me look everywhere for you. Thankfully, Agata called me before I made a police report. Now you know how much trouble you have caused, young master?"

"Did you tell Amaria I am here??"

"Who is Amaria?" Agata asked before Jean could answer. Judging from how Gia called her, Amaria seemed to be someone close to both of them.