Chapter 46

"You should go back." Gia said as he sat down and started peeling potatoes.

"Then come back with me!"

It had been almost a week since Agata found Gia and she had been staying there for the whole time, trying to persuade him back.

"I have been thinking, Agata. You should live your life for yourself from now on. I know all these years you have been searching for the truth like what grandpa did. That was your reason to continue living, and now everything has ended. Things have gone back to where they are supposed to be. Grandpa doesn't seem to despise you or your mother like I thought, he even looks like he treasures you."

Agata blinked. "Are you possibly...jealous?"

Gia frowned. "What do you mean? I am not!"

Agata grinned widely. She put her arms around his neck from behind. "Seriously, I wish you and grandpa are more honest with each other."

"Don't move too much! I am holding a knife." Gia reminded her and sighed. "Just go home already."

"My home is where you are, Gia." She rested her cheek on his hair lazily.

Gia leaned back to her. "I can't do anything for you. You won't be happy with me..."

"I don't care. Can't you let me stay with you? I only have you in this world." Agata begged him.

"You have grandpa." Gia returned to his potatoes.

"But you are the one I want."

"Grandpa will be upset if he heard that."

Before she could argue more, her phone rang suddenly. It was Amaria.

Agata put her hand on Gia's arm. They were now inside the car on their way to the hospital. Amaria was sitting behind the wheel. She skillfully navigated the road, finding the fastest way to reach the capital.

"Has it been long?" Gia asked. His face was as white as paper.

"Apparently so."

"He never told me."

"You know how he acts around you." Gia could see how Amaria smiled tenderly from the rear mirror.

"He collapsed that day you left." Agata bit her fingernail. "I should have known something was wrong."

"What do you mean missing?" Gia asked the nurse the moment they reached the hospital.

All the nurses on duty looked troubled. "Mr. Dignita escaped..."

"He... what?? How did you even let that happen?"

"We are sorry!! We are still looking for him!! We never thought..." The nurses lowered their head, afraid of meeting Gia's angry eyes.

Amaria ended her call and walked towards them. "It's okay. He is back home now. His secretary just called. Shall we?"

Gia hesitated. He did not really feel like stepping into Dignita's house again.

"Let's go, Gia. You are worried about grandpa, aren't you?" Agata pushed him into the car. "Meet him and talk to him one more time. Ask everything you want to know before it's too late. I think grandpa deserves to know why you lied to him for years too, don't you think so?"

Gia squeezed her hand and nodded. Amaria started the engine and the car once again ran along the city road of Santerra.

"Young master!! Oh, oh my God..." Georgia cried and hugged Gia the second she saw him. "My child, where have you been all this time? Don't you know how worried we all are? You have lost so much weight!!" She turned and fired some instructions to the maids. "Prepare something for him now! And you go fetch warm tea!"