prologue

Evelyn Thatcher was an assassin. Whispers of her skills were traded in clandestine circles, fear stricken syllables falling from uncertain lips. No one has ever laid eyes on her and lived to tell the tale. It's as if she was a shadow, following you until she could prey on you in the dark.

Evelyn's skills were unmatched, a master in the art of stealth and espionage. She seamlessly integrated into any environment, fading into the shadows and leaving no trace behind. Her approach to her victims were methodical and precise, anticipation clinging to her bones and determination dripping from her soul.

Evelyn was an enigma. Her reputation may have been bold and intimidating but she was a mystery. An unsolved puzzle, the pieces scattered in the bloodshed.
Only one person had dared to dive head first into her soul, shedding light into all her darkness.

Deckard Shaw seemed like a heartless man, a killer who shows no mercy. But, like Evelyn, he's just protecting his heart which has crumpled in the hands of his enemies.

So, when Deckard and Evelyn's hearts combine to form a whole, can they protect whats so dear to them? Shadows don't last without light and mended hearts are still fragile.