chapter 6

Cheers rang through the dim room, Lottie reveling in the shouts. The man she'd knocked out laid sprawled on the floor, blood pouring from his face.

She wiped the blood from her lip with her wrapped hands, ducking under the ropes of the fighting ring.

Dom's kingdom was the racing scene, people praised the ground he walked on there, hoping for a chance to see his race.

But for Charlotte, this was her kingdom. She ruled this place. People cowered from her name, not willing to face the wrath of her blows. Oblivious newbies challenged her, running far away when they woke up with a broken nose and a broken ego.
She walked into the parking lot of the abandoned bar, a dark figure standing again her car.

"Can I help you?" She questioned, reaching for the pocket knife in her bag.

"You don't have to do that. I just wanna talk." As she got closer, the man's features came into view. He was average height, dark hair, dark eyes, late 30s. She'd never seen him here before. "I saw you fighting. You're very skilled."

"Thanks. Want an autograph?" she asked, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

He chuckled, stepping closer to her. "You know, I have an organization. It's a small one albeit. You'd be perfect. You have the strength."

"What kind of organization?" Lottie furrowed her brows.

"Well you'd have to agree first." His smirk made her uneasy.

"How am I supposed to agree to something I know nothing about?" She laughed, confusion spreading across her features.

"Well if you do, you'll keep Dom, Mia, Letty, your most loved ones safe." The smile was wiped clean from her face. How did he know her families names? "Think about it. I'll find you." Without another word, he walked away, leaving the girl stunned.

○○

Tears streaked Charlotte's face as she drove down the dimly lit street. Brian's a cop. He had just spilled the dirty secret, breaking her heart. She had let this man into her family and he hurt her.

She told him secrets she wouldn't dare tell another soul. She told him about the fighting, about the strange man who seemed to be stalking her. He promised to keep her safe, he promised.

He was a liar. Brian Spilner was a liar. Since the moment he stepped in their loves he's been lying.

Lottie decided then and there, she hated him. He had hurt her, Mia. Their family.

The car turned down a backroad, streetlights not doing much to keep the road visible.

Tires screeching caught her attention as she turned just in time to spot the dark car coming straight for her. Before she could move, the car slammed into her, sending the maroon car tumbling into the ditch on the side of the road. The car flipped 4 times before its settled of the roof.

Lottie hadn't been able to hear her screams but her throat was sore from the extensive sounds. She groaned in pain as the seatbelt dug into her skin. Lottie, not considering her actions, unbuckled it, shouting when she fell straight into the shattered glass.

She crawled out of the shattered window, crying as glass dug into her entire body.

A figure stood feet away from her wrecked car, the girl calling for help.

Rough hands gripped her, pulling her from the wreckage. She looked up, spotting the familiar face.

"You're-" He cut her slurred words off.

"Yep. Have you made a decision yet?" The guy asked, dark eyes staring into hers.

"What?"

"I guess I'll have to give you a more convincing reason." He threw her down, the girl shouting as she hit the hard dirt. He pulled a phone out, holding it in front of her. "You see if I dial this number, these men are ordered to shoot Dominic Toretto. Then they'll track down Mia. Then anyone you love. You'll be left all alone." She looked up at, wishing to call his bluff. But something in her gut told her he wasn't lying. A tear slipped down her cheek as fear flashed in her eyes. "You can save them, Charlotte. All you have to do is come with me." He held his hand out, the girl looking at it in distress.

A beat of silence passed, her cold hand reaching up to slip into his. He smiled wide, pulling her up. "You're gonna be perfect." She flinched back as he held her cheeks. "You'll see." She didn't notice his hand fall to his pockets, or the needle he jammed into her leg.

She heard her screams this time, echoing through the silent night. He hushed her, keeping her standing as all feeling in her body disappeared.

Then, everything went black.

----

authors note

be honest, was this too fast bc I'm deciding whether to redo it and add more

we're you confused about anything?

pls give feedback, i greatly appreciate it