chapter 6

Letty descended the stairs, the black dress hugging her body swaying against her ankles as she met Dom at the bottom. The rest of the crew adjusted their suits and dresses as Wes eyed them wearily. "Deckard, who are these people again?"

Deckard sighed, adjusting his tie while side-eyeing the southern man. He then began pointing. Dom, "Toretto." Brian, "Brian." Letty, "Toretto's wife." Tej and Roman, "Dumb and dumber." Ramsey, "Ramsey." Then finally Hobbs, "Wanker."

The group let out a collective scoff as Wes nodded, loosening his tie. "Alright. Well, when we get to the party, you'll have to stay in the down low. We can't risk getting caught."

"And how do you know this guy is even gonna be there?" Dom crossed his arms, tone stern as he stared at Wes, who chuckled.

"It's one of the most extravagant parties of the year. He's hosted it every year since his empire was built. It brings in all kinds of people." Wes suddenly walks to a duffle bag he arrived with. "But, Marcos has a thing for secrecy." 

He pulled out a box wrapped in red satin, a pale card placed on top. It had a similar structure to that of the one Evelyn sent, just in a larger format. "So, I let his team know I'd be escorting potential clients." He opened the box, revealing a row of masks.

Collective confusion fell over the group as they stared down at them. "Masks?" Tej questions.

Wes only nods, pulling one out and handing it to the closest person. "Yes. I think it may be a kink of his." He shrugged as a wince pinched the group's faces.

Everyone situated the fabric against their eyes, tying the ribbon off.
Once Wes saw everyone ready, he clapped his hands with a wide smile. "Let's party."

○○●○○

The music vibrated through the room, creating an off sensation on the golden tile floors. Everything about the room screamed money. From the picture perfect interior to the grand piano and elegant chair.

The room was jammed with various people from various places. Masks adorned their faces, leaving their identities hidden.

"Exclusive my arse." Deckard mumbled, scanning the room. Wes stepped up beside him, smiling widely. "Where do we find this guy?" He didn't want to waste time. The sooner they found him, the closer they got to Evelyn. The closer Deckard got to getting the love of his life back.

"You don't." Deck turned to him with a piercing gaze, fists clenched. "He finds you. And he will find you. Stay on guard."

"I always am." With that, the man stepped away, weaving through the large crowd. He set his eyes on Dom and Letty who were standing together by a large table. Deckard pressed a calloused finger discreetly to the earpiece wedged tightly in his ear. "Fan out. Look for anything."

The group did just that, waltzing around the large space, greeting and questioning people. It wasn't until Ramsey spoke up over the comms that everyone put a pause on their search.

Her voice crackled and spread through their heads. "I think I found Evelyn." Deckard's heart stopped beating at that moment. It was like all the air had been sucked from the room. As though the floor was ripped from beneath him. He didn't even process he was moving as he raced through the hall to where Ramsey was.

Everyone had the same idea as they all came from their own direction, coming up to stand next to the hacker as she stared intently at a woman not too far away.

A shock of ginger hair, a light tan dazzling her skin. A black dress hugged her body and a black mask was tied to her laughing face.

Without thinking, Deckard rushed forward, putting aside all the reasonable actions in hope of pulling his girl into his arms. Dom followed shortly after him. When they reached her, Deckard didn't get a chance to put a hand on her shoulder when she turned.