chapter 9

The party was buzzing with people, the bass vibrating the entire building. The pristine architecture further promoted the fortune this prince held in his grasp.
She had been assigned to patrol the party and make sure no unexpected threats popped up. Everyone was off doing there own job, Roman doing his best to add chaos.

Her phone buzzed in her boot, she girl pulling it out to spot the message.

Need your help. 2 floors down, third door to the right.
-Dom

"How the hell did he get my number?" She shook her head, heading toward the elevator. The floor was quiet except for the music flooding from upstairs.

She turned to the right, reaching the door. It was white with intricate designs and a gold handle, just like every other door here.

She opened the door carefully, being met with darkness.

Evelyn looked at both ends of the hall, waiting for any sign of life. Suddenly, she was dragged inside the room.

She grabbed the attackers arm, twisting it behind his back. The arm felt familiar in her grasp, her eyes squinting to make out the face. "Deckard?" She shoved him forward, switching the light on. "What the hell?"

"Bloody hell." He said holding his arm, "I just wanted to talk."

"Are you kidding me?" She raised her voice, the man holding his hands up.

"I know you're mad-"

"Oh, we're way beyond mad!" She laughed, not an ounce of humor in her tone.

He glared at her, "Don't act all innocent. Why are you with those people?"

"Remember that brother I mentioned?" He nodded swiftly, "Well, you're trying to kill him."

"You've got to be kidding me." He put his hands on his hips, watching her cross her arms.

"Why are you doing this Deckard?" She asked, eyes softening.

"You're brother put mine in the hospital." He seethed.

Evelyn scoffed, "So you're trying to put him a grave? Tad dramatic."

Deckard rolled his eyes, "What do you want me to do? Let it go?"

"No. He'll pay for what he did, in time. As will your brother. But we don't need to get involved. We can go home." She brought her cold hands up to rest on his cheeks, watching him close his eyes. "We can be together. As long as you leave with me. Please." She begged, the man opening his eyes to stare into hers.

His lips were on hers in a flash, pushing her against the wall. His planted kisses down her neck as his hands traveled her body.

She reveled in the pleasure until she heard the familiar click. She glanced to her right, spotting the handcuffs around her wrist, the other end fastened to a shelf. Deckard backed away, his eyes filled with apologies.

"I need to do this." She wiggled her wrist, trying to break free while he walked towards the door. Just as he was about to walk out she stopped him.

"Deckard!" He didn't turn but he froze, his hand on the door handle. "If you hurt them, I will never forgive. I will hate you until the day I die and you will lose me. Forever." She had tears in her eyes, "I will stop loving you. And I don't want to." He turned his head. "Please."

"I'm sorry." He whispered, walking out. She shouted for him to return. She yanked on the handcuffs once again, her heart racing.

Her eyes scanned the area for anything she could use, not spotting a single thing.

Gunshots followed by the sounds of screams rang out from the floors above.

Evelyn breathed deeply as she closed her eyes, suppressing her shouts when she dislocated her thumb. Her breaths were heavy as she pulled her hand from the metal, running towards the door. She didn't bother waiting for the elevator, using the stairs instead.

When she reached the penthouse, she was shocked to see the red supercar flying from the window. Deckard stood there, holding the gun he just set off as he stared at the car land in the next building. Evelyn ran up behind him, kicking his spine, watching him fall to the ground, slamming his head into the hard floors.

No movement came from him as Eve crouched to check if he was conscious.

As she lowered herself, a sharp poke hit her leg before the excruciating burning began. Her screams echoed in the room as she collapsed to the floor beside him.

Deckard remove her leg from him, turning to face the writhing girl. "You think I don't know your little tricks?" He held up the needle she had lost in fall, the liquid half drained. "Acanite."

"No!" She croaked out, pain shooting into every crevice of her skin as she began to go numb.
He pushed a strand of hair from her face, "We're perfect for each other. It's too bad this is how it has to end."

Her eyes drooped as darkness threatened to pull her into its sweet embrace. She glanced his way, her teary eyes pleading with him.

She tried to move her lips to speak but hushed her, watching as her eyes slowly closed, succumbing to the black.