chapter 2

"For the hundredth time, I don't know a Deckard Shaw." Evelyn gritted out, her hands tugging at the handcuffs secured on her wrists.

Mr. Nobody, the strange man that had broken into her apartment, had brought her too an obscure facility where she was now restrained to a cold, metallic table. The room had a colossal  screen splayed out on the wall before her, seemingly turned off. The encircling glass walls, towering high above them, exposed the unfolding argument to any onlooker beyond it.

Tension hangs heavy in the air as frustration builds up in Mr. Nobody's face. "Ms. Thatcher, we know of you're relationship to Mr.Shaw. There's no need to lie." Evelyn resisted the urge to roll her eyes, breathing deeply. Her silence only urged him to continue speaking. "You see, Shaw is a very dangerous individual, as are you. I've assembled a team to stop him, and I could really use your help. You're the perfect addition. You know how his mind works, you know his moves before he makes them, you know him."  He rested his hands on the table, leaning forward.

"Even if I did know him, what make you think I'll help you?" the brunette snarked, leaning forward as well.

"Well that's where my offer comes in." He smiled wide, turning to the screen of dormant power.  In a flash, the screen lit up, displaying personal information along with several photos of the girl seated. "Evelyn Thatcher, you are truly an enigma. Previously an MI6 agent turned assassin, similar to Shaw himself. You have a vast number of kills under your belt, all pretty much done the same way with a copious amount of aconite." Mr. Nobody turned back to the woman. "But, that's not all there is to you." She raised a brow in challenge, waiting for his next word, anxiety laced in her breath. "Evelyn isn't even your real name, is it?" Both pairs of eyes turned towards the screen once more, the display altering, bringing new images and information. "Charlotte Toretto, murdered about 15 years ago. Home to a family of street racers and criminals. Life falls apart when an undercover cop trickles into her life. And then, her body's found in a ditch after she was ran off the road. Strange death though. Everything was burned to ash except strategically place evidence pointing police directly to Johnny Tran. Could be a coincidence, but it seems awfully orchestrated to me."

Evelyn sent him a tight-lipped smile, picking at her nails. "Tragic." When his eyes fell to her hands, she immediately ceased all movement.

"But Charlotte didn't really die that day, did she? No, something far worse happened." He seated himself across from her, staring her dead in the eye. "Charlotte became Evelyn, and you became a shadow." She drew in a sharp breath, eyes flickering back to the screen. "Well, Ms. Thatcher, Deckard Shaw is trying to hurt your family. A few years ago, your brother Dominic, injured his brother, Owen. And well, Deckard is furious. Don't you want to help your family?"

Evelyn deadpanned, "Nope." Mr. Nobody seemed taken aback, lips parting in shock.

"Not what I was expecting." Mr. Nobody stood, pacing before her. "Onto plan b. Evelyn, you are one of the most wanted criminals. You're hunted on the daily by several governemnt agencies. If you help me, I can make that all...dissappear." She perked up a bit at his words. "You would be free. No one on your tail except your own enemies." The man stopped pacing, facing her. "You've gained a lot more attention over the past few years. Wouldn't it be nice to fade back into the shadows?"

Silence stretched over the room, the woman contemplating her options. "What do you plan to do to Deckard once you find him?" Her tone betrayed the worry in her heart, Mr. Nobody smiling lightly.

"Imprison him. He's a threat." Evelyn rested her elbows on the table, folding her hands to the best of her ability.
"Yet, you'll let me go. You're a bit of a hypocrite, Nobody." The man only laughed.

"So do we have a deal?"

"Will you remove the handcuffs?" She lifted her hands to wave her bonded hands. In return, he retrieved a set of keys from his pocket. "Then deal."

Mr. Nobody smiled, releasing her hands. "This is gonna be fun."

A reunion with Deckard was bound to be fun.

○○●○○

The pair walked down the hall, discussing Deckards last sighting in Los Angeles. "So what do you want from me? You want me to track Deckard down and bring him in?"

Mr. Nobody shook his head, "No, no. I want you and your team to track him down." Her brows furrowed, a door fast approaching.

"What team?" She was met with silence as he held the door open for her. Evelyn walked in, scanning the room, her breath falling short as her lungs constricted.

This room was full of ghosts of Evelyn's past.

Her face paled as everyone turned to look at them.

"Finally, took you long enough man! I'm hungry." An obnoxious voice complained, a stark contrast in the silent group.

Her eyes met a pair similar to her own, swallowing past the lump in her throat. "Lottie?" Dominic Toretto spoke up, gaining the attention of the blonde beside him, who held the same look of shock.

"Oh my god." Letty followed, eyes wide.

"Meet your team Evelyn." Mr. Nobody squeezed her shoulder, smiling brightly

Shit.