chapter 8

The sun beat down on the city of Abu Daubi, drowning the citizens in heat and golden rays.

Evelyn lay on a beautiful beach, basking in the warmth as she listened to the waves crash against the shore. Her bathing suit hid the nasty bruising on her torso, leaving her shoulders exposed to the sun.

The group had arrived hours prior, making their way to the beach to await Ramsey's contact. The boys sat under a cabana, eyeing Ramsey as she strolled up the beach.

"Evelyn," Ramsey spoke above her, water falling onto her warm skin. "Safar's here."

The brunette stood walking beside the British woman, spotting the new man in the shade. "Hey! Ramsey!" He waved, pulling the girl into a hug. "Who's this beauty?" A smirk spread across his lips as  his eyes landed on Evelyn.

"None of your concern." Brian threw a white cover up towards her, the girl rolling her eyes as she placed it over her shoulders.

"I see you've made some new friends." Safar raised his brows toward Ramsey.

"Yeah some short-tempered new friends." Ramsey didn't wait a second before bringing up the topic at hand. "I need the speed drive I sent you. Where is it?"

Safar removed his sunglasses, "Oh good. You will be pleased to know I sold it." He clicked his tongue, Ramsey looking at his in anger.

"You sold it?"

"You hear that?" Letty spoke up.

"I asked you to take care of it. Why on Earth would you sell it?" Ramsey asked in disbelief.

"We're gonna need it back." Dom told him.

Safar looked his way. "Impossible."

"Safar, I-I stashed something inside of it. It's important." Ramsey stuttered.

Safar nodded his head, "Okay, okay. Uh, good news. It is safe."

"And the bad news?" Evelyn raised her brow.

"It is very safe." She sighed, anticipating the explanation that would no doubt ruin their plans.

○○●○○

Turns out, Safar had sold the package to a billionaire Jordanian prince, who used it for his supercar. He planned to host a party the next afternoon, and Safar promised to get them in.

So now, Evelyn was applying the last touches to her outfit. The dress Safar had gotten for her was black, stopping high on her thighs with extra fabric cascading down around her legs. The boots on her feet climbed up to just below her knee, the heel adding a bit of height.

Her hair fell around her in delicate curls and the dark lip excentuated her face.

"You look beautiful." Letty smiled, leaning in the doorway in her gorgeous red gown.

"I think Safar gave me the only short dress." She laughed, eyeing the floor-length gown.
She walked in, "Yeah, I think there's a reason for that."

"In case I need to fight of course. That's what I'm gonna tell Dom and Brian anyways." The brunette smirked at the older woman.

"Of course." Letty laughed, silence falling over them after. "You're so grown up." She scanned her in the mirror, "Last time I saw you, your hair was shorter and you still had those adorable chubby cheeks."

Evelyn frowned, "You remember me from then?"

"Vividly. And maybe it's from the stories they told me but your memory feels...like mine. I remember hanging out with you at the races, eating family dinner beside you. I remember how devastated I was when we thought you died. I may not remember much, but I remember every second of that pain." Tears sprang in Letty's eyes, "You were my little sister." She paused, controlling her emotions. "And you still are. Whatever happens after this. Whether you leave or not, you will always be my sister and I will always love you." Evelyn turned, pulling the woman into a hug, thoroughly shocking her.

No words were spoken but Letty knew she felt the same.

A knock on the doorframe caught their attention, Ramsey stood there in her black dress. "The boys are impatiently waiting downstairs."

They laughed, separating. "I'll meet you down there." Eve told the girls, waiting for them to leave before she moved. She walked across the room to her bag, searching through the stuff they'd taken off of her after the rescue.

She searched vigorously through the bag for her needles, not finding a single one. A frown etched itself on her lips, the girl walking out of the room towards the stairs. As she descended the large staircase, all eyes fell on her. Dom and Brian looked horrified while Roman and Tej's mouths dropped open, making the girl roll her eyes. "Take a picture it'll last longer." Roman went to pull his phone out, Ramsey smacking his arm away with a quiet 'No.' She waltzed towards Brian, "That bag of stuff, that was everything you found on me after the crash? You didn't take anything out of it?"

Brian shot her a confused glance, "Yeah, it's everything. Why, is something missing?" No hint of a lie showed on his face, the girl shaking her head.

"Nothing important." They probably just fell off in the crash, she thought.

"Let's get going, we don't have all day." Roman clapped, excitement coursing through his veins.

This was gonna be fun.