chapter 6

Evelyn hummed to the song on the radio as Deckard raced through the streets, adrenaline coursing through their veins.

Her voice was loud over the radio as she turned to him, "Do you believe in soulmates?"

Deckard furrowed his brows and turned to her. "What?" He asked incredulously, the woman only shrugging in response.

"Like, do you believe there's only one person for somebody? And that no matter what they'll find eachother." Deckard faced the road again as he though about her question.

"That's what your thinking about right now?" He teased, watching her roll her eyes in his peripheral. A beat of silence passed before he continued, "I do."

She sat up straighter facing him, "Really?"

"Yeah." He nodded, resisting the urge to smile when her lips spread in a large grin.

"Do you think you already found yours?"

At that question he turned to her. Yes, he had found his. He knew one hundred percent, without a doubt that his soulmate was seated right beside him. That no matter what life they lead, no matter what obstacles they faced — they would always find their way back to eachother. It was fate. Evelyn Thatcher was Deckard Shaw's soulmate.

"Yes." He uttered, eyes locked on her.

Eve tilted her head and stared at the man, a familiar emotion consuming the entirety of her body. One she had felt when he helped her escape the person who'd haunted her life for years. One she had felt when he patched her up with no questions asked. One she felt when she fell asleep in his strong arms.

Evelyn Thatcher loved Deckard Shaw. There was no doubt in her mind. Perhaps she would go as far to say he was her soulmate.

Before she could further indulge those thoughts, Deckard had braked and literally slammed her back into reality. The rest of the team was lined up in a horizontal line, creating a barricade for the man right in front of Deckard's car.

The pair's car prevented him from reversing and blocked him in.

Deckard cracked his neck as he glared at the car, revving his engine.

Ramsey's voice crackled through the mic, "Guys, I know why Dom's here. Police scanners are saying he stole a nuclear football." Eve turned to face her partner, shock evident in her eyes.

Hobbs' speaker powered to life as his voice flooded through the street, "It's over, Toretto. Get your ass out of the car now." Dom only revved his engine in response, making Eve roll her eyes. "So, that's how you wanna play this? Let's play."

With those words, Doms car sped forward and to the side. Little Nobody idiotically tried to chase after him only for Dom to turn and crash through the flower store the car once was blocking.

"Idiot!" Evelyn yelled through the radio, every car taking off after him.

"Now I know what it feels like to be every cop ever chasing us." Tej joke flooded through the walkie.

Little Nobody spoke up, "I'm gonna get a little closer. I'm gonna pit him."

"No you're not."

"Oh, so you just gonna pit Dom?"

Evelyn and Roman rebutted at the same time, the latter continuing. "Little Nobody has clearly lost his little mind."

They all whipped around multiple corners, Wannabe Nobody right behind Dom. "I'm on him."

"Easy. Work together." Hobbs scolded, his words not effective as Dom drove straight through scaffolding and letting it crush the cocky agent beneath it.

They all detoured, Deckard expertly cutting corners until they ended up on the passenger side of his car. Eve gripped the trigger for the grappling hook and sent it straight through the door. Once everyone else has their hooks dug into the car, Hobbs called out "Stretch him out. Hold him!"

Deckard reversed, pulling the line taut. All their tirew screeched and cried as they did their best to hold the car in place.

"He's gotta have about 2,000 horsepower in that thing." Hobbs said.

Tej voice came next, "Try 3,000."

Then Deckard spoke up with Evelyn in sync, "Try five."

Dom suddenly reversed, pulling Roman's car forward before driving forward and hitting it. Roman reversed in an attempt to escape only for Dom to do the same. The line stretched before pulling Roman and flipping his car onto its hood.

Next, the driver's car door flew off, sending Hobbs back and effectively breaking their line.

Then came Letty and Tej's cars which Dom drove between and let them slam against eachother.

Deckard was pulled forward and crashed into a flipped Tej. The street was an absolute disaster, with every car either flipped or destroyed.

Deckard was the first to see the case abandoned on the street, slamming the door open to run for it. "Wait!" Evelyn yelled, using the knife from her belt to cut her restricting seatbelt off.

She sprinted after him, following her ex and brother into a side alley.

As she turned the corner, Hobbs now on her tail, a scream erupted from her throat as two bullets lodged itself in Deckards chest.

He collapsed to the floor and another scream left her mouth as she tried to rush forward. Hobbs stopped her however, holding her back as he locked eyes with Dom.

However his eyes were glue to his sister who could only watch the bleeding man on the ground.

Hobbs caught sight of the police cars, trying to pull Eve away and escape. But before he could, she sent an elbow into his face and stomped on his foot.

He let her go with a short cry and she sprinted to Deckard, falling on her knees beside him.

He only shook his head and ran down the sidewalk, away from the fast approaching trouble.

Evelyn's eyes lifted to see Dom for a moment, tears rushing down her cheeks as she sobbed.

She shook her head and directed her gaze to Deckard, grabbing his still face in her hands.

"Deck- please. You're okay." The brunette cried, tears falling onto his motionless chest. "Help! Please! He needs help!" She screamed, looking around for anybody who could possibly save him.

Someone who could save her soulmate.

"Please, help him!" A 5-year-old Charlotte cried, pointing to her father's burning car as her brother held her. "Daddy, please!" She sobbed as Jakob hushed her.

No one had saved her father.

~~~
a/n
one more chapter until f8 comes to an end!

Evelyn will not be featured in f9 bc I don't feel like it :) (and I really don't like that movie)

anyways, between f8 and Hobbs and Shaw, the whole team will work together once more for a very special mission so stick around to find out.

hope you enjoyed! vote and comment.