chapter 1

Dominic Toretto was a man who cared about one thing.

Family.

Ever since he was a child, he had put his entire being into proving himself as a protector for those he loved. And as he grew, he valued it all the more. He gained some and lost some; but no matter what, he stood as a force to be reckoned with to those who dare harm them.

He cherished whoever he had and mourned those he didn't.

Which led to him walking through the cemetery, hand gripping a bouquet of flowers and a sorrowful expression on his features.

Leaves crunched beneath his feet as he stopped short beneath a tall oak tree, staring down at the block of stone at his feet.

Han Lue.

The man who had unexpectedly weasled his way into his family and made a lasting home in his heart. A man taken from them too soon.

It was his birthday and Dominic had promised to drop some flowers off.

He lowered onto one knee and gently placed the white roses on the slab of concrete.

The cemetery was quiet, the only sound to be heard being distant traffic and the light gusts of wind.

Dom bowed his head and said a quick prayer in his head before he peeled them open to send one last look to the grave.

Hair the color of flames blew in the wind, spreading around a woman stood mere feet from him like wildfire. He stood to his feet just as the woman turned and walked away, faced concealed by her messy hair.

He stared after her for a moment, something so familiar about her frame.

The feeling that turned in his gut was shook off as his gaze drifted to the headstone the woman once blocked. His breath caught in his throat as he scanned the name printed in bold letters.

Charlotte Toretto.

His little sister. The little sister who had been missing for 5 months. The one he had hurt the last time he saw her. One he'd prayed would return home any day now.

Without thinking, he stepped towards the grave, crouching down and examining the cracked stone.

Sunlight reflected off a chain dangling off the side, burning into his eyes as he carefully picked it up. As he held it in his palm, his heart rate picked up as he eyes the cross. The one he'd warn since he was a boy. The one he'd used to save his son. The one who went missing with his sister.

He stood abruptly, following the path the woman had walked, his fast walk turning in a run as he scanned the rows and rows of graves.

His eyes finally caught sight of the flaming locks just as a helmet dropped over it and the sound of a motorcycle engine filled his ears. Before the visor fell, Dom caught sight of a pair of dark eyes. A familiar pair of dark eyes.

"Charlotte!" He called, but the bike had already sped away, carrying his sister with it.

He groaned in frustration as he sprinted across the cemetery to where his car was parked.

His finger furiously clicked at his phone as he dialed the number he'd been given month prior. He held a shaky hand to his ear as the phone rang.

When the line connected, his rushed words were spewing before he gave the other person a chance to speak, "Shaw, it's Dom. We have a problem."

"I know." Deckard gritted, staring at the box in his hands.

The card taped on top read:

'To: Clyde
From: Bonnie'

Evelyn held a knife to the choking man's throat, Deckard standing behind him with a cord wrapped around his throat. She dragged it across the tan flesh and watched him fall to the floor with a slump.

Deckard wrapped his hand around the bag which held several stacks of money.

Eve smiled as she grabbed one, running her finger across it and letting it fan out. But she paused as she pursed her lips and stared up at him, "Okay, now we're officially a modern day Bonnie and Clyde."

He chuckled as he let the bag fall to his side, pulling her closer and connecting their lips in a sweet kiss.

"Big problem."

~~~~
a/n

are you ready for it....

anyone catch the getaway car reference?

vote and comment!