chapter 2

"Thank you." Evelyn smiled, taking her coffee from the barista. The younger girl smiled, attending to the next customer.

The bell above the door rang as she exited the shop, walking onto the sidewalk. She smiled at the children playing in the park across the street, adoration in her brown eyes. The wooden bench caught her attention as a dark dressed man watched her intently.

She pretended not to notice, making a left turn. The man stood up as well, looking left to right before crossing the London streets.

'Definitely not from here'  Eve thought, turning a corner. In the window of a restaurant, she spotted the man on her tail.

Another sharp turn and Eve slammed into something. Actually someone.

The blonde let out a small yelp of shock as the hot coffee spilt all down her front. Evelyn snapped her eyes to the woman, apologies falling profusely from her lips.

"I wasn't looking, I'm so sorry." The blonde only chuckled, waving her off.

"It's alright." Eve turned her head to spot the man walking away, hands in his pockets. "I definitely can't walk into my job interview like this though." 

Eve looked back at her then, frowning. "Um- I live just down this road, I can let you borrow a shirt. I'll even try to clean yours."

"No, I couldn't ask that of you." The blonde tried to protest, going silent when the brunette shook her head.

"It's the least I could do, c'mon."  No protests were made this time as the women walked down the crowded street.

When they finally reached her small flat, Evelyn immediately went to her closet as the other woman stood in the living room, scanning her surroundings. It was pretty bare, not a lot of knick knacks or decorations in sight.

"Okay, I got two I think would work." Eve held a black top in one hand and a beige one in the other. "Take your pick."

"The blacks perfect." The blonde smiled, taking the blouse in her hand.

"The bathrooms just down the hal- Or that's fine." Evelyn turned away when the woman removed her shirt right there, letting the stained one fall to the floor.

"Sorry, I'm running really late."  Eve only chuckled, shrugging.

"I probably didn't help with that."

The blonde chuckled as well, "Not really. You're good." She turned back, watching her adjust the top.

Evelyn smiled at her, "That looks good on you. Very formal." 

"Thanks." The woman grinned, grabbing the bag she discarded by the door. "I will be back to return this and hopefully take my shirt back."

"Good luck on your interview..." Eve raised a brow, waiting for the introduction.

"Oh, right. I'm Xia." She stuck her hand out for a handshake, a warm hand grasping hers.

"Evelyn." 

Xia smiled at her, releasing her grip as she headed for the tall door. "I should go. I'll come back tonight, is that alright?"

"Yes, I'll make sure to have your shirt ready."  Evelyn bent down to retrieve the discarded material, holding it up.

The blonde chuckled before walking out, shutting the door softly behind her.

○○●○○