chapter 4

The group had gathered together again, sitting around the table and processing their loss. God's Eye was gone. The one resource they had left to support them. Stolen. Stolen by Xia. Xia, Evelyn's girlfriend. Xia, Cipher. She was a monster, just like Evelyn.

Evelyn's directed her attention to Deckard who was typing away on his computer.

"What you got, princess?" Hobbs asked, hands on his hips.

"Finding Toretto." Deckard replied, making Eve sit up straighter. "But I got a couple minutes to spare, if you want me to send you to the hospital again."

Evelyn hit his shoulder, shooting him a glare. "I'll send you to the hospital-- again." He chuckled at the memories that flashed through their minds.

Deckard was viciously fighting a perp, pinned against the wall while Evelyn retrieved her gun from the floor. Her concussion was making her vision blurry, her eyes squinting to aim.

The shot echoed through the room as a groan of pain met her ears. Deckards groan of pain. The enemy was shocked long enough for Deckard to snap his neck. "I'm so sorry!" Evelyn shouted, running to him and pressing against his bleeding leg.

"You shot me." He growled, sliding down the wall.

That's how she ended up carrying him - with mass difficulty - to the nearest hospital to get him stitched up.

"Yo, rules." Hobbs spoke up to Nobody's sidekick, the man holding his hand up in defense.

"First off, that's not my name." He defended, Evelyn speaking up to correct Hobbs.

"Little Nobody." Roman laughed, offering her a high five that she ignored.

"Don't call me that." Little Nobody pointed to her.

Tej chuckled, "Oh, that's definitely sticking."

Hobbs interuptted him before he could defend himself, "Great. Do me a favor and tell Your Majesty over there that if we're gonna find Toretto, we find Toretto together as a team. And when this is all over with, I'm happy to slap that whisker biscuit right off his face." He spoked towards Deckard who continued typing, glaring at Evelyn when she laughed. He had been glad to see her laugh but not at his expense.

"Wait a minute guys." Ramsey began, "I think Deckards actually on to something. How do you think Dom and Cipher got into the country without us knowing?"

"Underground tunnels." Evelyn snapped her fingers, pointing her way.

"Ghost flights." Ramsey corrected, catching the girl's mocking.

"I thought untraceable aircraft was all internet conspiracy stuff." Tej questioned.

"It's not." Mr. Nobody suddenly spoke up, all eyes turning to him. "Satellites and radar grids all across the globe shift like an ocean. And they've got channels that open and close. And theoretically, if you know the right people who know the right patterns..."

"You can fly right through the blind spots, completely undetected." Ramsey finished for him.

"So you know where Dom is headed?" Letty asked, leaning forward a bit in hope. Eve frowned at the woman.

"Yeah." Deckard answered for her, "New York."

Mr. Nobody laughed throwing his hands up. "See there, Luke? You two are gonna get along great." He then held up two fingers, "Which proves rule number two-- you never lose everything. Fire up the chopper." He then looked around at everyone, "Well, guys, have a ball in the big apple."

○○●○○

Evelyn's POV

After an unbearable ride, mostly because of Roman, we arrived at a fish factory. I winced at the stench wafting in the air, crinkling my nose in disgust.

I ignored everyone as I walked forward. Wide doors peeled apart to reveal a large garage filled with a variety of cars. "Welcome to our new base of operations." Nobody Junior introduced, the group in awe. I felt a familiar presence beside me, a shiver running down my spine.

The group had gathered around a small table in the workshop, working out who would drive with who. 6 cars total. 8 people.

Suddenly, Nobody 2.0 pointed at me. "You drive?"

I sent him a careless shrug, "I know my way around."

Deckard scoffed, speaking on my behalf. "The backseat maybe." My jaw dropped in offense as I smacked his shoulder. "Asking her to drive is asking to be killed."

"Hey!" I shouted. Okay, so maybe I wasn't the best driver. I may have been a Toretto but Dom never got around to teaching me to drive like a pro. I learned elsewhere. "Asshole." I mutter under my breath.

The groups had been sorted.

Time to get Dom.