chapter 3

"Wait Lottie? As in the Lottie?" The obnoxious man spoke up once more, his words surprised as he stood. "I thought she was dead." He was hit by the shorter man beside him, muttering a small 'shut up'.

"What the hell is this, Nobody?" Dom fumed, taking a step forward. Brian stood tall beside him, jaw slack, guilt turning in his gut at the familiar face.

"Dom, meet Evelyn Thatcher." Mr. Nobody walked forward, standing toe-to-toe with Dom. "She's the final member of your team."

"I'm so lost right now." obnoxious man spoke again, rubbing at his head.

"Oh god, please don't tell me you lost your memory too." Letty spoke, looking at the girl. Evelyn furrowed her brows in confusion.

"What? No." Her voice made tears spring in Dom's eyes.

"Lottie, I thou- we thought you were dead." Brian spoke up, stepping towards her.

"Well I'm not. And it's Evelyn." Her voice wavered but she stood strong, not betraying the unease in her body.

"Wha- what the hell do you mean?" Rage surged through Dom as he stepped forward, centimeters away from the brunette. "I thought you were dead. They found your body!" He shouted, everyone in the room jumping besides Evelyn.

"It was a fake." She shrugged her shoulders, the action only angering the man further.

"That's all you have to say?" Dom boomed, his hot breath fanning over her face. "We mourned you!"

Evelyn just stared at him, not an ounce of remorse in her face. When no response fell from the girl's lips, Dom stormed out of the room, Letty following in tow. The sigh of relief she released went unnoticed as everyone's eyes trailed Dom.

"Well I guess we'll wait for him to get back." Mr. Nobody joked, nobody laughing.

○○●○○

After a while Dom and Letty rejoined the group, everyone seated at the table. Not a word was spoken as Mr Nobody entered, an agent beside him holding an tablet.

"Now you all are caught up in Shaw." He spoke, Deckards file appearing on screen.

"Um, she's not." Roman, the obnoxious man from before, pointed at Evelyn.

"Well, I don't believe she needs any catching up. Do you, Evelyn?" Her only response was a glare laced with daggers. If looks could kill, everyone in the room would drop dead in an instant. "You see, Evelyn here has a long history with Mr. Shaw."

"What do you mean?" Brian questioned, perking up in his seat.

"Evelyn and Deckard go back to MI6." Suddenly a picture of the pair in tactical gear, Deckard arm around her waist, appeared on the screen. Her breath hitched in her throat as tears threatened her eyes. "They both annihilated their team before going on the run and becoming a nastier Mr and Mrs. Smith."

Evelyn could feel the burning gazes of everyone but she didn't dare turn, eyes locked on the old picture. "Two of the world's most wanted assassins working side-by-side for years. Well, until Dom almost killed his brother. And as you're here, I'm guessing he didn't take you on this little mission." The brunette felt the sting of his words, clenching her jaw at the reminder. "Now, as I've said, I really could care less about Shaw. But, I do need you all to work together to track down God's Eye. I've already briefed them, but for the newest guest. God's Eye-"

Evelyn cut him off, waving him off "I know what it is. Can we get this over with?"

"Oh I'm sorry, you wanna leave again?" Dom snarked.

"Anyways," Mr. Nobody tried to decrease the rising tension. "once you retrieve God's Eye, you'll have freedom to use it to track Shaw down and do what you please. You can protect your family Dom. Or hand him back over to Evelyn, I'm sure she'll do enough damage for all of you." The woman smirked in response. "The plans been set, so one of you just needs to take Evelyn in and fill her in."

No movements were made, no words we said. "Wow, my options are overwhelming." she scoffed, sarcasm clear in her words, Nobody sighing.

"Well we aren't very welcoming to traitors." Dom glared, the girl frowning a bit at his words. His stern visage was betrayed by the tremble in his lip and the twitch of his eye.

"I'll take her." Brian declared, locking eyes with the brunette who immediately looked away.

Memories flashed in her mind as she stared into his ocean eyes.

"Mia, I'm a cop." Brian told her sister, guilt visible in his features.

"What are you talking about, Brian? What is this?" Mia asked, tears clouding her eyes.

"Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover."

Charlotte stood behind the blonde man, "What?" Her voice trembled as the man whipped around to face her.

"Lottie, I'm so sorry-" He was cut off as she punched him clean across the face.

"You asshole!" She shouted, Mia dragging her from the blonde.

"I know you're both mad okay. Mia, listen to me!" He ran before the two, stopping them. "Eveything I ever said I felt about you was real. I swear to God. You have to believe me Mia" He then turned to the younger girl, "And Lottie-"

"Don't call me that!" She yelled, shoving him back.

"Charlotte, I promise, I never meant for this to happen. I do care about you all, I swear." The sisters glanced at each other, betrayal etched into their features. "But this isn't about us. You're brothers out there to pull a job. We're running out of time. Those truckers aren't laying down anymore. Maybe they'll make it through the night, but every law enforcement agency is coming down on them." Worry crowded the anger as the sisters listened intently. "If you don't want anything to happen to them, you have to get in that car with me right now and help me. Please, you're the only ones that can help me." Brian looked between the pair, begging them.

"Mia, go." Lottie spoke, turning to her sister. "Help Dom."

"You have to come with us Lottie." Brian pleaded, "I can't just leave you here."

"I'll be fine. I really can't be in a car with you right now." Charlotte pulled her sister in for a tight hug, "Help Dom, I'll see you at home."

Mia nodded, releasing her sister from her grip. Brian muttered a small 'I'm sorry' once more before the pair ran for his car.

That was the last time she had ever seen them.

Evelyn turned away, Mr. Nobody clapping his hands in victory. "Perfect, it's settled." He began walking towards the door. "Now, let's get everyone on that plane."