chapter 4

By now, the group had boarded the plane, waiting with the uttermost apprehension. Most of the group was scattered around the cargo hood, deep in conversation. Evelyn sat on the hood of Brian's car, processing the information he had told her. Her fingers tapped away on her phone, a frown etched on her lips.

Dom and Brian watched the woman from afar, the former displaying a similar frown. "I can't believe she's alive." The blonde uttered, memories surfacing.

Dom and Brian stood against the crashed car, a phone ringing loudly, breaking the silence. Dom used his uninjured arm to retrieve the device from his pocket.

A sigh fell past his lips, "Mia, this isn't the time." He spoke, the phone on speaker.

"Dom!" Mia cried, both boys immediately turning their attention to the device.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Brian questioned, worry laced in his tone.

"Charlotte's dead! Somebody killed her." her sobs echoed through the phone.

The men turned to each other, disbelief on their face. "What?" They both said in sync.

"Somebody ran her off the road! Someone killed her!" Tears sprang in Dom's eyes as he listened to his sister, not noticing the approaching sirens.

"Oh my god." Brian grabbed the phone, "Mia, listen to me. Get somewhere safe, Ill find you." He then turned to a frozen Dom, "Hey, man, you gotta get outta here." No movement was made, Brian shoving his keys into his hands. "I promise you I'll figure it out, but you have to go. Now!" Dom finally glanced up, a tear falling from his eye with a shake of his head.

"How? Who would want to kill her-" Brian cut him off once more.

"I don't know, I'll find out and I'll make them pay. But you can't do anything from prison, you have to go!" Something flickered to life in Doms eyes as he nodded, rushing towards Brian's car; plans filling his head.

After Dom pulled away, Brian returned his attention to a sobbing Mia. "I'm gonna figure this out, okay Mia? I promise." He disconnected the call, throwing the phone to the floor, effectively shattering it.

Dom speaking brought him back to reality, "That's not Lottie. She would never do this." Brian shot him a pitiful look, clapping his shoulder.

"I should call Mia, she deserves to know this." Dom nodded in agreement, furrowing his brows. "You should talk to her. Maybe get some answers." He earned a scoff in response.

Dom turned to face his brother, "Yeah right, you saw her before. She doesn't care."

"Just..." Brian nodded to her, "try."

Dom shot him an annoyed look, the man returning an encouraging smile.

Evelyn had powered her phone off when she felt a presence beside her. "Why?" The deep voice of Dominic spoke, the woman turning to face him.

"What?" She asked, confusion knitted into her brows.

"Why'd you do it? Why'd you leave us? Why'd you never give us any sign you were alive? Why?" His words got louder and eyes began to turn to them, Brian talking quickly into his phone.

"I gave myself a chance at a new life-" Dom cut her off before she could finish, shouting.

"To become a murderer?" He shook his head, pointing at her forcefully, "You know what? I wish you were dead. It's better than the monster you've become." He stormed off, the girl's face void of any emotion.

Brian hung up the phone, running after Dom as everyone eyes remained on Evelyn in disapproval.

"Anyone else want to get anything off their chest?" She voiced loudly, looking across the group. Everyone remained silent, a few shaking their head. "Yeah."