chapter 1

"Please!" Evelyn shouted to Josh, begging him to release her from the glass cage. "I didn't mean to!"

Josh just stared down at the crying girl. Emotions were worthless to a soldier. And that's what she was. His soldier. His property. She just needed to learn how to behave. And she would, in time.

His heavy footsteps faded as the door slammed shut behind him.

Evelyn's cries echoed in the cage as she shouted for help from anyone willing to listen.

Evelyn shot awake with a start, the covers falling from her bra clad chest.

Her pants filled the silence as a cold hand clasped her shoulder. "You alright?"

Evelyn turned to the woman beside her, making our her blonde hair and beautiful features even in the dark. "Nightmare." The brunette huffed out, dropping her head towards her lap.

The blondes hand directed her face towards her, smiling at her. "I know a great cure for nightmares, Evie." The smirk on her plump lips made the brunette chuckle.

Evelyn leaned forward, connecting their lips in a heated kiss. She straddled the woman's lap, undoing the bra secured to her chest. Kisses were planted down her neck as the blonde returned the favor.

○○●○○

Evelyn's eyes peeked open, sunlight pouring in through the parted curtains. The brunettes bare frame was concealed by the thin white sheet.

She slipped on her silk robe as she walked out of the bedroom, following the scent of coffee wafting through the house.

Her smiling girlfriend stood at the counter, unpacking the grocies from the bag.

"Morning." The blonde smiled, smiling her way.

"Morning, babe." Eve kissed her cheek.

"Sorry if the coffee's cold. My truck broke down on the way to the shop." She rested a hand on her hip, the orange tank top sticking to her skin.

"I'll check it out today." Evie bit into her pastry.

"Don't worry, I got help. A guy stopped to help me."

The brunette grinned, "Gotta love Cuba."

"I told you we made the right choice coming her." The blonde chuckled.

"Xia, we both know you came here for work and just dragged me along." Eve smiled, sipping her latte.

"I need company. And what better company than you?" Xia yanked her forwards, pinning her against the counter. She trailed kisses down her neck, listening to her soft whimpers.

"Thought I'd bless you with my company-" Lips were pressed against her before she could finish.

The breakfast was abandoned on the table.

○○●○○

A FEW DAYS LATER

The sheets shielded Evelyn's naked body from the cold air, silence settling in the dark night.

Her phone lit up on the bedside table, the soft buzzing eliciting a clipped groan.

Eve stood, grabbing her buzzing phone and taking it to the porch just outside the bedroom. She fastened the silk around her as she clicked accept. "Hello?" Her groggy voice made it clear she had just been sleeping.

"Lottie." Letty's panicked voice met her ears.

"What's wrong?" It was as if cold water was poured over her, eyes and ears alert.

"Dom went rogue."

There goes my vacation.

----
a/n

any guessed on who the girlfriend is 😏

double updated to make up for the absence and I wrote this very quickly just to kick off act 2

vote and comment