chapter 5

Good news, the team had managed to get ahold of Hobbs.

Bad news, Mr. Nobody was off the grid.

Well for Deckard, both are bad news.

"So, no God's eye." Dom crossed his arms, a frown weighing the corner of his lips down.

"I've worked just fine without the device for years, we don't need it." Deckard declared, stepping up to the table. He resisted the urge to scowl when the grating voice met his ears.

"So, what's the plan, princess?" Hobbs pestered, eyeing him carefully from across the room.

Deckard pulled out a cellphone from seemingly nowhere, "We find her the good old-fashioned way."

He brought the device to his ear and everyone eyed him strangely. "Calling to track an order for Langley." This only confused them further as Deckard remained silent.

"Got it." He hung the phone up and snapped it in half, grabbing a spare sticky note and scribbling an address on it. "Let's go. We're meeting someone."

The man began walking out and no one questioned him further as they followed.

○○●○○

"Im going to go in. You lot with listen through here." Deckard ordered, placing a baseball cap on his head.

Turns out, Deckard had called an old contact of his and Eve's. They were set to meet him at a bar downtown to try and get information.

As to not raise suspicion, Ramsey had set up a way for them to listen in on their conversation in the abandoned building next door. Deckard would wear a wire to give them ears.

When he finally reached the bar, he took a seat beside a familiar figure at the bar, his eyes trained in front of him.

"Long time." The man spoke in an irritating southern accent.

"Not long enough." Deckard mumbled, the pair chuckling after a moment. "How you been, Wes?"

The raven-haired man beside him clapped his shoulder and looked at his side profile, "Good, good. Busy. You?"

Deckard just shrugged, sparing him a quick glance. Wes suddenly perked up with a smirk, "How's your lady?"

His expression went blank and an awkward silence filled the radio as the rest of the team listened intently. "That's actually what I'm here about."

"Did something happen to Evelyn?" Wes asked, leaning in with murderous look in his eyes.

"She went missing 5 months ago. W- I got a sign she was alive yesterday." Brian looked toward Dom when he caught the stutter. "Thought you might be able to help." Deckard dropped the metal box — which was now closed — onto the bartop and let the man examine it.

Wes eyed the box, twisting it around. "Did you unlock it?"

His response was quick and false, "No."

Silence loomed for a moment before Wes set it down, "I've seen this model before. Comes from a manufacturer in Manchester. He has a select clientele, though. Hard to get."

"You know how I can find him?" Wes' face was overcome with a smug expression.

"As long as you're down for a party."

~~~~
a/n

okay INCREDIBLY short and not to mention horrible chapter but I will be working very hard on the next chapter and it will hopefully be up by Saturday!

vote and comment! how are you enjoying this story so far?