chapter 3

Evelyn winced as the alcohol seeped into the cut on the bridge of her nose. Deckard mumbled an apology, tossing the cotton ball aside.

"You alright?" He asked, wiping a fallen tear away.

She didn't reply, staring straight at the ground, a far-away look on her face. Tears fell from down her bloody cheeks but her eyes held no emotions. Her lips were weighed down with a ghost of a frown and her lip trembled every few seconds.

Deckard frowned, grabbing the sides of her face and tilting her head up towards his. Her eyes were lifeless, tears visible along her waterline. "I need you to talk to me."

"I'm fine." She mumbled, breaking free from his grip and walking out of the room, plopping down onto the steps. Eve didn't even care about the glass digging into her thighs, the physical pain reducing the hurt in her heart.

Trust was a tricky thing.

It's the ability to believe someone is good and honest. Evelyn had only trusted a few people in her life. Her family, Letty, Deckard, and Xia.

It hadn't happened right away, but overtime, as her love grew for them, she put her whole heart into belief. Belief she was worthy of them, allowed to rely on them.

But trust is easy to break. It shatters, scattering like the glass of a clock. Time keeps ticking even when the pieces are scattered.

It's hard to repair but not impossible.

She knew that.

But right now, it felt pretty impossible.

Deckard, betrayed her.

Xia, betrayed her.

Her family, she betrayed them. They trusted her and she left them. Let them believe they'd lost her while she was following selfish desires of a new life away from control. She still caught the weary glances sent her way at family dinner. She had stopped attending, hating the sorrowful glances and mistrusting eyes.

It felt like a knife in her heart, lodge so deep it was impossible to pull out.

She liked to think many things were impossible. It made it easier to give up.

And she was a quitter. He'd said it himself.

DOM'S POV

"Back there was that for her, for me or you?" Dom asked Cipher, stepping into the small plane room. "And was it even necessary?"

"Necessary?" The blonde raised a brow, "Nothing is necessary. Everything is a choice." She wrapped her headphones around the device in her hands. "I simply made one, and so did you. You could've stopped me."

"You sure you didn't do that for Lottie?" Dom questioned, disgust clear in his tone at the monster in front of him.

"She needs to get over me and quick. I only needed her to get to you." The blonde shrugged her shoulders, a foreign emotion in her eyes. "I wonder what her and Letty thought."

Dom gripped her chair, turning her to him. "The problem with putting your foot on the tigers neck, you can never let up."

She showed no emotion, looking up at him. "I think I need to remind you why you chose to be here."

The door slid open behind them, a soldier standing in the door.

He would escort Dom to a room with a glass panel, one keeping his son from him. His son.

He couldn't protect him.

Tears streaked Dom's face as he drove down the crowded streets, hands tightly gripping the wheels of Brian's car.

Lottie was dead. She had fallen victim to the horrors of the world.

He had failed her.

He couldn't protect her.

~~~~
a/n

short chapter bc school is shit

comment, vote, and enjoy <3