Chapter Four

He smiled widely looking down at me, and just like that he leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips, he was trying so hard not to hurt me, he's perfect. In my mind I'm living in a book, having my first date and kiss on a carriage ride, with snow falling all around us. I have a good feeling that Maya's gonna wanna know every dirty detail about everything that has happened tonight, he pulled away with the same smile on his face, but this time i returned it. His lips were soft, which quite frankly was weird for a guy. Nothing could ruin this night, as the soft breeze flew through us, it made his tiny baby hairs that didn't have gel fly everywhere. He wrapped his right arm around my left shoulder, smoothly as possible and he pulled me towards him. I wrapped my arms around his body. His body heat was warm, and he smelt like a mixture of spice and snow, which I'm not sure what scent was better honestly.
We galloped in comfortable silence, until we finally reached a small town right next to mine called Denver, Colorado. It was so pretty, you could see flashing colored lights everywhere, and Christmas lights plastered all over the place. There were happy people skating everywhere, the ice was frozen solid on the river. Everyone looked so happy, everyone looked so worryless, then reality hit me again. That I probably only had two months left to live.
"We should go ice skating next time for our second date, we're allowed to have a second one right?"
He looked down at me, he saw the look on my expression, the look of reality.
"What's wrong?"
"If I live long enough"
Honestly I didn't want to be a drag, but I knew that I might not even make it to our next date, Then again he knew what he was getting into, although we can't control who we fall in love with, I know I didn't, and here I am not madly in love. He put his muscular thumb on my chin to lift me up to look at him,
"Your gonna beat it"
He had a reassuring expression on his face, the surprising thing is that he believes in me more than I do. I wrapped my fingers around his man hand that was on my chin.
"Your right, i'm just overthinking"
I grinned ear to ear and placed a soft kiss on his lips.
******
"Tell me all the dirty details, all"
Maya cackled as she rolled around on the bed making it squeak loudly from all of the rolling around,
"Ok , i will but stop breaking my bed Maya"
I walked over to my bed and laid on the soft comforter. When I was finally lying on my stomach she popped back up to her stomach and looked at me, trying her hardest to be as serious as possible. She was already sweating from rolling around  too much, her light hair was stuck to her face, and she had sweat going down her forehead, meanwhile I was fine still.
"Did you guys kiss, tell me you guys at least kissed? I'm gonna die if you don't tell me you guys kisses"
A huge grin spread across her face when she said 'kissed'. To be honest I'm kind of freaking out about how happy I am right now.
"Kind of"
"Kind of??!!!"
Her voice raised loudly and loudly when she asked that question. She interlocked her hands on the bed, squeezing the sweets of my comforter. The AC turned on very loudly. I just love how you can tell when the AC turns on, it's a miracle.
"It's a simple yes or no question, did you or did you guys not kiss?"
"Um... let me think"
I tapped my chin lightly with my still chipped white nails. Quite frankly I need to redo my nails, or someone sles does, even though knowing me I still would chip them all over again, all though it would be nice though. To finally have my nails painted would be amazing,
"Yes"
"Yes, eeee"
She squealed like a pig at the top of her lungs trying her hardest to wake everyone up.
"Your gonna wake everyone up"
I yelled at her, throwing my hands around to show her that I'm very serious about this. She squinted her eyes at me and furrowed her thick eyebrows.
"Shut up, you just had your first kiss, I'm gonna be excited"
She picked up her hand off of her bed and used her blue nail to poke me in the shoulder as hard as she possibly could, so I could feel all of that pain in one tiny area that she just struck with her hard nail.
"Aww, my littler caterpillar has turned into a butterfly"
Maya put he right hand, and hovered it over her heart, letting me know that she was touched, like she was proud of herself.
"Leave me alone Maya"
I put a smile on my face as I pushed the left side of her body ever so gently, trying to move her to the side. You could hear the sound of her body moving against the fabric, it kind of sounded like electricity. I grabbed my soft, fluffy blanket and moved it to the side so I could lay down on it. I've had such a long night, all i really needed was sleep. I could feel my eyes getting bags under them. My eyes were burning and red form how tired i was.
"What are you doing Dahlia"
I laid myself on my bed ever so gently. It was soft and cushiony, it felt so nice to finally be able to lay on my bed again after so long.
"Im tired as hell"
I grabbed my blanket and pulled it over me so I was covered.
"I'm going to sleep Maya, so ...please leave"
"Fine"
She pouted huffing at me, as she used her arms to push herself up out of the position she was in.
"Good night, I'm proud of you Dahlia"
Was all she said as she walked out the door, making sure to turn my light off right next to the door.