Chapter Nine

"tell me you guy at least did it"

I threw my squishmellow pillow at Maya's face hitting her as hard as possible making a loud thumping sound as it hit her face. She didnt even change her expression as it his her right in her big forehead

"Really?"

She asked me laughing in between her sentences.

"It's a big target, how could I not?"

I rolled over my soft bed laughing and snorting loudly, I was practically cackling. She picked up the unicorn squishy mellow and took it as her opportunity and she threw it at me. It was sort of soft but the way she hit it it hurt.

"So..you guys didn't have sex?"

"Really? We didn't have sex"

She frowned at my comment flipping her smile upside down.

"Thats boring"

She smiled again. I used my hands to lift myself up to the criss cross on the soft bed. My bed made a loud creaking noise. I squeezed my soft comforter feeling the softness from the fur-like texture of it.

"So your gonna die a virgin"

She pointed her blue fingernail at me, swinging it around in my face with the biggest smile on it, and just like that her smile faded and suddenly she wasn't as happy as she was before. Her hand fell down to her lap making a loud clapping sound as it hit her thigh. Her eyes swelled up with tears in her eyes, I knew something was wrong but I just didn't know what to do. Whenever other people cry I get super uncomfortable and I don't know what to do. It may seem like I'm mean or being rude but I'm not, and let's be honest ever since my family found out I was dying they've always been sort of sad. I've caught my parents crying so many times behind closed doors.

"I'm going to lose my best friend."

She finally spoke with a tear rolling down her right cheek, making kind of a curvy motion down her face. Once it fell down you could see the 

She finally spoke with a tear rolling down her right cheek, making kind of a curvy motion down her face. Once it fell down you could see the tear stain mark on her cheek, and then another one started coming down so I took my chance and whipped it away with my finger trying my hardest to reassure her. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her in for a hug. She rested her head in the crack of my neck. I had no idea what I was even doing, all I knew was that what I was doing to make her feel better felt right.I held her tightly in my arms,

"Your not gonna lose me Maya, i'm always gonna be here with you, as long as you still had our memories"

"Thats wtupid "

She sniffled in her laughter with her head on my chest.

"I'm not the one who made that stupid phrase, I just say it."

 She picked up her head from off of my chest, her blue eyes were filled with tears, clouded like a rain cloud covering the sun.

"You suck at this whole comforting thing"

I clenched my hands into a fist and hit her as hard as I possibly could on the top of her arm, making her flinch.

"Ow"

She held her hurt shoulder with her other arm, holding it in place wrapping her fingers around her now red arm.

"Good, feel the burn"

I pointed at her two times real close to her face before using my hands to get up off of my bed, leaving her there all by herself and walking out to the dining room. My dad was sitting on the table, he held an old newspaper in one hand and a coffee mug in the other filled to the top with straight up black coffee. This man has had a black coffee every single day. I'm still surprised he doesnt have diabetes by now. I walked behind him trying to be as quiet as possible as I placed my arms around his neck hugging him but not too hard.

"Hi my beautiful prinesee"

He chuckled firmly, placing a kiss on my cheek and setting down his hot coffee onto the table in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

He questioned me as I removed my arms, taking a seat on the chair right down next to him. The chair creaked from being old as I sat down on it. It had a pillow on it so it was squishy and soft when I sat on it.

"Nothing dad, i'm just thinking how much i'm gonna miss you, like crazy"

He took one more glance at the newspaper before folding it up with both hands and placing it down.

"Well you have your first chemotherapy later, so hopefully it works"

I went silent for a moment, looking down at my nails picking at my nails.

"They said i was gonna die dad, before christmas"

My voice was filled with grief, and sorrow. I think I made him speechless because for a really long time he was quiet, like unusually quiet. Then I realized that im his baby girl, his oldest even

"Your gonna make it Dhali, "

His voice sounded firm, and a bit upset at my statement. I guess he hasn't accepted the truth yet, and the truth is that.. I'm dying, every single day I die a bit more.

"I'm sorry baby girl, but i can't lose you, i just can't"

His voice shook in this sentence, like he was trying not to cry, like he was trying to be brave for my sake. He turned to me and kissed me on the forehead,

"I love you, you know that?"

"Who wouldn't"

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his body giving him a big hug. His body heat was warm, and it mixed with mine, almost making a tickle of sweat roll down my forehead.

******

"Are you ready this? Your first chemo theray, you should be scared"

Jack furrowed his bushy thick eyebrows at me like a crazy mad man, glaring at me with his eyes. His eyes teinkled though, in the light. I think that he figured out its my favoriate, because every single time I'm around him, he always wears my favoriate cologne, the Tom Ford one.

"Oh im shaking in my boots, you just cant see it right now?"

"As you should, these doctors are mean"

He popped his eyes reall big at me indicating that he was trying to be seruius, but honestly i had no idea.

"God you sound so serious Jake"

My lips made a smile as I looked up at him and his perfect self, the self that I was so in love with. I leaned in and place a fast kiss on his lips and slipping my hand into his before pulling away but still holding his hand taughtly. I pulled him by his hand