Chapter Twelve

She removed the band from my arm with both of her hands and then turned around placing it at the edge of the counter, it almost seemed like it would fall at any given moment.

"You did such a good job kid."

She looked over at me as she used her left hand to slide off her right glove from her hand, the glove has been on her hand so long the gloves were practically stuck from the natural sweat that.

developed in her hands. I watched as she struggled to take off her boring-colored blue gloves from her hand before throwing them into the trashcan right beside the counter. The trash can was tiny silver little thing, it looked worn out, the silver was fading.

"You should give her a lollipop."

Jack suggested making the lady laugh a little bit, her tired eyes smiled alone with her cheek bones, and her dimples creased inti her cheeks deeply as she laughed. She hovered her and over the glass jar of lollipops,

"Do you have a preference?"

She turned her eyes to look over at me, not moving her head or her hand just looking with her eyes.

"Lime please"

"Lime it is kid."

She placed her right hand into the jar of lollipop rustling around with her right hand. The lollipops made noises as she rustled the lollipops in the packaging trying to find the right one. The jar had to have at least a dozen different flavors, maybe even more. Finally, her hand moved onto the green lime flavor, it was such a vibrant green I'm not even sure that it was normal. She grabbed onto the green lollipop, and the closest one next to it which happened to be an orange flavor. Once they were both in her hand, she closed her palm letting them rest in her hands so perfectly they rested. She threw the orange one to jack who surprisingly caught it just before it fell to the floor with his two hands.

"Orange is my favorite."

Jack joked getting a smile from his face as he pulled off the crinkly rapped using his right hand. He rapper made qi loud crinkling sound as he took it off and crumbled it into his hands, and then he stuck it into his mouth, savoring every bit of it. She put out her hand that held my candy right in front of me, just enough arm length so I was able to get it with the needle in my arm. With a smile on my face, I took the sucker with my right hand, it was warm from her hand holding it.

"Thank you"

I smiled at my sucker; I've always loved lime suckers. I've always loved lime flavored candy, or maybe its just the fact that I loved sour candies with all my might. She lady gave us each one.

more smile before walking away with the only thing she left behind was loud footsteps as she walked away, one after another. My first instinct was to open my lollipop making as much noise as possible opening the rapper and sticking it into my mouth savoring the lime flavor through my whole mouth ever so perfect. I looked up to notice thar he was staring at me, like deeply. I couldn't quite figure out why he kept staring, he didn't even say anything either he just rested his back onto the wall behind him and crossed his arms looking at me with that dang sucker in his mouth.

"Why are you staring at me."

I finally couldn't keep in my curiosity as I held onto the arm rest of my chair with my right hand. I squeezed on it so tight out of boredom, I probably could of gave myself some bruises on my hands.

"Your just very beautiful"

"Right now? with a needle sticking."

For some odd reason in here it was completely different tempter rise in here compared to the office area. It was so hot in here I practically had a tickle of sweat go down my head. My hair was already staking onto my forehead.

"Especially right now, your always beautiful"

Somehow this guy knows how to make me go wild, and make my heart skip a beat, I was so thankful for him. I felt little tickling sensations in my stomach from the butterflies going nuts. I just can't stand the thought of knowing that Jack's going to be all alone when I leave this earth.

"Yeah, yeah I love you to."

He smirked as he walked over to me, he pulled out the sucker from his mouth with his right hand, then he leonine in and placing a slight kiss on my forehead. It was a soft light kiss; it was gentle even. I can only imagine how happy Jack is to be able to be close to me again, it was obvious from the look he made once the lady left the room. He pulled q chair next to me making a loud noise the minute he moved it even a tiny bit, once he realized he stopped and looked at me as we both laughed in sync. He finally picked up the chair with both of his hand placed on the legs of the chair as he moved it right next to the bed I was in, and he sat down throwing the candy trash from his mouth into the trashcan right next to him. How out his hands onto the armchairs and he leaned back into his chair looking at me.w H

"How are you doing beautiful?"

I smiled as wide as I could with the candy still in my mouth trying my hardest not to drop it or let saliva fall because that would be gross.

"I'm fine. how are you doing?"

He adjusted himself in the chair wo fast times using his hands before he even noticed what he was doing in the first place until he finally stopped and looked at me.

"I'm doing just peachy."

I chuckled stupidly adjusting myself, so my chin was now resting on the palm of my had, I felt bad because he looked so tired, he looked like had been up for days cause technically he has been up for a while Tring to be a good boyfriend.

"Go to sleep jack."

"Yea ok"

He closed his eyes as fast as he could trying to fall asleep. Then he opened his eyes back open after a second

"I love you."

He whispered to me before shutting them peacefully trying to fall back asleep. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid adorably he is, As I finally reached the end of my lollipop, I chewed what's left of it enjoying the sweetness of the candy until I finally reached the hard plastic part of the stick. I looked on both sides of me trying to find a closer trash can than the one by Jack, after all I had a needle in my arm I couldn't get very far. I was so thankful when I looked to the right of me, I finally found a trash can in reaching distance, so I took the stick out of my mouth and threw it into the trashcan making a cleaning noise as the sick hit the empty trash can.

***

I guess I must of fell asleep, cause when I finally opened them, I was already there for 30 minutes according to the clock. I rubbed my eyes with my right hand feeling the pressure applied onto my eyes as I rubbed. I blinked my eyes a few times turning my head to jack. Jack was still sound asleep like a baby with his head leaned back onto the chair. I smiled at how cute he looked sleeping, he looked so penful and some small part of me blames myself for him being so tired, after all his been up all night trying to help me making sure that I'm ok. He had bags under his eyes, they were gray and big. I looked down at my arm and watched as the needle was in my arm, who knew something so little can cause so much pain throughout my whole arm. I made a gross expression while looking at the needle in my arm, needles make me nauseous.

I turned my head and noticed that the chair for other chemo patience next to me was taken finally. The lady with three kids sat on the chair with a worried expression on her face, she sat biting her bottom lip while squeezing the chair arms. The kids laid on the bench right next to her compliantly.

spread out on the couch, they were sleeping with a big puffy jacket covering the four kids like a blanket. The younger kid was sucking his thumb. The lady stopped biting her lip once she realized that I was awake, she turned her head and smiled so sweetly and so kindly.

"hi"