Chapter Twenty-Four

"Picking between those names must be extremely hard"

She used her fork, she dug it in deep and took out another piece of flan with her fork and she took a huge bit of it.

"Tell me bout it"

She waited until her food was completely gone from her mouth before she spoke those words. As I was about to say something else I noticed Jack was coming back with two places, he held the plates like a waiter holds trays in their hands.

"It was so nice talking to you, congratulations on the baby by the way"

"Thank you, and you to hon"

She smiles before putting her attention back to the cake on the table. The plates were plastic and looked very festive, they had like a weird llama on it or something. Jack put the plates down right in front of me. As he set them down they giggled like jello, he went over to his chair and pulled it out with his right hand. He took a seat and sat down scotting himself using his legs. His legs were long, I couldn't even touch the floor from how short he can scoot himself using his dang long legs.

"That is flan"

He pointed to the gold-ish looking thing right in front of me on a plate. He moved one of the plates in front of me over to be in front of him.

"Here"

He smiled as he handed a plastic fork from the box of plastic forks. The forks were white and extremely long. I grabbed the fork from his hand and looked down trying to figure out what to do.

"It looks weird"

I laughed at the looking down at the gello like thing before looking up at Jack who was already eating his. Many Mexicans are very weird.

"Don't insult the delicious dessert, it has feelings to you know"

"Yeah, then how does it feel that your eating it"

I sassed him right back trying to be as snarky as possible but also joking. As his hand with the piece on it was right in front of his face, he stopped thinking about what I just said, making his face hard thinking. After a few seconds, he finally stopped making the face, he shrugged his shoulders indicating that he didn't care and he just ate it anyway.

"Wow seriously?"

I laughed before looking down at the flan. I held the fork in my mouth and braced myself for what I was about to taste right now. I picked out a piece using my fork and just like that i picked it up and put it in my mouth eating it. It had the texture of jello, but tasted like a mixture of caramel and vanilla all at once. Jack stopped chewing one he noticed that it was in my mouth, he looked up at me with a curious look on his face.

"So.. what do you think"

I thought about it for a quick second.

"It's good"

"See i knew you would like it"

Jack laughed as he went back to chewing his food from earlier. I didn't think I was going to like it, but surprisingly I did. Mexican desserts are an interesting little thing. He heard this perfect smile, it was beautiful. I always loved the way everyone danced so happily together. Most people were older people, it amazes me to see how long they spent together.

Oh how it would be nice to get to grow old with Jack. The song slowly ended and then a much slower Mexican song came on. The artist was a female who sang in spanish. Just like the song, the people began to slow down their dancing. They moved in sync taking one step after another so beautifully, trusting each other insanely. Jacks furrowed his eyebrows as he stopped chewing his food. Honestly he was chewing so fast I thought he was going to bite his tongue or something. He had the look on his face that I should already have recognized by now but sadly I didn't.

"I loved this song"

He laughed with happiness in between his beautiful smile. Bit by bit, slower every time he began to get up off of his seat and look down at me with this look in his eyes, a way that no one has ever looked at me, he looked at me as if he was in love. I could watch him look at me like that for the rest of my life. A slight trickle of sweat was on his forehead but he didnt care. He just cared about me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see his aunt watching every little thing Jack does with a smile on her face. I'm so glad i don't have a type of cancer where i lose my hair, honestly i already felt awful enough as is, i didn't need to feel gross either.

He pulled out his hand for mine and without saying anything he took it. His hand was warm from all of the tamales he was making, it was a bolt of warmth throughout my hand as our hands touched. He smiled and pulled me over to the open spot where everyone was dancing already. All of the bodies were on each other, dancing like the happy couple they all are. It's insane, when Jack first brought up the idea of meeting his family I was extremely nervous because they were all Mexican, I was c]scared they would all be scary and mean but now I'm not even sure why I was scared in the first place.

We interlocked our fingers together as he wrapped his warm arm around my waist. I could stare into his eyes forever if I could . We moved in sync slowly to the slow beat of the song, whether it was called, i still don't know.

"Why are we always dancing?"

He looked down on his, with this expression on his eyes forming a smile with his lips. His lips were alway soft, he had this weird obsession with self care which was many of the things that I loved about him. He picked up his arm that was interlocked with mine and he spun me around in a circle using our connected hands and not letting go. We laughed a little as he finished the spin.

"Because i love you"

He began speaking with love and compassion in his eyes.

"So, so much"

This man smelt so good, like a weird mixture of cologne and masa from the tamales. He rested his head on the crease of my neck, it was warm. I did a stupid little laugh as we danced slowly in slow motion like a scene from beauty and the beast. Every time we danced it felt like a movie, every time we danced I realized why I was so in love with this guy in front of me. I felt the air moving slowly throughout my hair moving it slightly. The air sent shivers down my spine slowly.