Chapter Eleven

feels nice, reassuring even. I looked at the lady as she scrolled through her laptop after typing something. She was a fast typer, like she would always win on Nitro type of something.

"Ahh, here you are Mrs. Thompson."

She rolled back in the chair going to the counter behind her. She looked tired like she's been working for hours, the lady had bags under her eyes. Jack grabbed my right hand that I was fidgeting with, he held it in his other hand trying to calm me down, trying to help with my Nevers. The weird thing is that I've never been nervous before, or scared... I guess I'm broken. Jack glared a small smile at me,

"You're going to be fine Dhal."

The lady came rolling back you could hear the sitting of the wheeled rubbing up against the floor, she held in her a clip bored in her hand, the clip bored had a huge stack of papers attached to it.

"Sign these and bring them back up when you're done."

She smiled setting them down. The ac from behind her blew the papers up a bit when she set it down on the desk. It's probably going to take me years to finish this paperwork, but sadly I knew that it was necessary to for my appointment. I just wish doing paperwork wasn't a part of the requirement, but it was.

"Thank you"

I smiled as I grasped onto the clip board with my right hand removing it from jack's hand. For some reason the clipped had weird red spots on it, and it smelt like hot dogs which was gross, but I didn't want to be mean, so I just took the paperwork and didn't say anything that I was thinking.

"Or course"

She beamed back a smile in my direction before looking back down to her laptop. I followed Jack to the only empty two seats, there was random strangers all around us which gave me social anxiety and it stressed me out, but I didn't say anything. Instead, I just leaned back onto the cold chairs back and put the clip board on my lap trying to read it. There was an AC vent right above us, so it was freezing where we were at. There was an older looking man right next to me, he had gray hair already, he looked like a grandpa, and he had a new box of extra gum mint in his hand trying to get it open, but he was struggling. His fingers were old and frail, making it hard, I watched for a second as he struggles to open it before I gave in and felt bad.

"I can help you if you want sir."

He turned his head slowly to face me, aquand just as slow his head turned a smile grew on his face just as slow as he turned his head.

"Thank you, that would mean so much young lady."

His voice sounded old, and a bit broken which made me feel worse for the guy. He seemed so nice and sweet and yet his struggling just to open a box of gum, sometimes I hated the way nature is. Jack watched me with an expression on his face that I couldn't quit read but he had a smile on his face.

"It's good to know that there's still some good kids nowadays, and not all of them are rotting their brains with those boxes that they put in their mouths."

The man talked with his hands, waving them in the air each word he spoke.

"it's my pleasure."

I tried to say in the sweetest way as possible as he handed me the box of gum. You could already smell the gum from the outside of the box, it was strong. I always loved the way gum smelt, especially mint. I locked eyes with Jack for a quick second but in that quick second I could finally read his expression, love, he looked at me with the look of love. I felt so bad for this man, he wasn't even sitting with anyone, he was just alone, and he looked so sad for some reason.