SMARTY PANTS

Arabella's POV:

I'd luckily managed to sneak in a few hours of sleep last night in the comfort of Hermione's bed, but I'd still managed to wake up almost an hour earlier than needed.

I looked to the clock and sighed, tiredness hitting me like a ton of bricks.

Last night replayed in my head over and over: the heat, tension, undeniable feelings...

But my pride played a huge part in this, and I couldn't just move on to how abruptly George had ended things with us back then. 

I didn't want me seen as some naive girl, or seen as someone who could be walked all over.

Remus and Sirius certainly hadn't brought me up that way. 

I crept away for Hermione's sleeping body, creeping out of bed and grabbing my toiletries and towel, heading to the shower block.

As I headed out, I bumped into a tall individual a few yards from our door - it was Fred.

My eyes screwed up from the hallway lights, squinting up at him.

"Fred?" I whispered, closing the door, "what are you doing here so early?"

He revealed a folded up piece of parchment in his hand, "I was going to sneak in and leave this note on Angie's pillow, just wishing her luck on her exam this morning."

He looked away shyly, something not common for him. I smiled up at him in awe.

"That's very sweet of you." I admitted, "I know that will cheer her up, I know she is a bit nervous about the whole thing."

"Yeah I know," he replied, scratching the back of his head, "I can't really relate, as the exams don't really mean all that much to me, but I want to offer her support wherever I can."

I smiled again reassuring, "I'm sure she appreciates it."

His eyes wandered from mine down to my neck, spotting something. His eyes widened slightly.

"I knew it." he muttered with a grin.

"What?" I questioned, bringing my hand up to my neck, the skin still sensitive from George's tongue the night prior.

"You were in the common room last night I assume?" He asked playfully.

My eyes widened, assuming what he has seen, not even aware he had left any marks.

"Fred- it's too early to be talking about this." I sighed, feeling my cheeks blush red.

He held his hands up and surrendered, "fine fine, you're the boss."

I shook my head and laughed, "thank you."

"May I?" Fred asked, pointing to the dorm room door behind me.

"Oh- yes of course, I'm going to shower."

I waved goodbye, he smiled as he quietly entered the room and I continued down the hall.

**************************

I had come back to the dorm to change, Angelina had already left to study with some friends in the common room. However, Hermione did mention how happy she was this morning when she found the note on her bed from Fred.

Whilst Hermione and I got ready, I told her everything that happened last night.

As always, she listened very well and didn't offer her advise unless I asked.

"Have I done something stupid?" I asked with a sigh, buttoning up my shirt.

"I think that all depends on how you interpret it," she responded, "did the kiss feel weird?"