FIRST DATE

Arabella's POV

I must have been exhausted yesterday, because I didn't even remember falling asleep.

After celebrating with the boys about our future plans, we hung out before it was time for dinner. Arthur was home by then and was very pleased to see all of us, and was still eager with so many questions on the muggle world despite asking most of them the last time I saw him.

After dinner was over, everyone began to leave to table to head off to their room or to the living room to relax. I remember feeling awfully tired, most likely from the long journey here.

It was Fred and George's turn to wash and dry the pots, despite them trying hard to get out of it. I decided to head off and get changed whilst they did the dishes.

But I must have dozed off after getting changed and climbing onto George's bed as the next thing I remember was waking up the next morning.

I squinted my eyes open, rubbing them before lifting my head up off the pillow slightly to look around the room. I looked opposite me to see Fred, snoring quietly whilst his body was sprawled across his bed.

It then came to my attention that George wasn't in the bed beside me, and I furrowed my brows as I wondered where he could.

However, my thoughts were suddenly answered when I noticed my right hand was hanging off of the bed, holding onto George's. There he lay, a spare pillow under his head and a knitted blanket placed over him. The hand which was interlocked with mine was held up by his elbow on the floor.

I gazed at him in awe, looking at his soft features as he slept peacefully. However, I was confused as to why he was on the floor and not in the bed.

I squeezed his hand slightly, tugging at it gently to pull him from his slumber. After a couple of attempts, George's eyes finally pealed open, immediately locking with me.

A lazy smile grew on his face, his eyes squinting slightly from the light. "Morning love." His gruff morning voice spoke.

I lifted the blanket and scooted up close to the wall, indicating for him to join me. He quietly rose from the floor before climbing into his small bed beside me, engulfing me into his arms and bringing his head into my warm neck.

He groaned quietly in satisfaction, leaving gentle kisses against my skin, pulling me in closer which I didn't even think was possible.

"Why were you asleep on the floor?" I whispered, bringing a hand up to his soft hair and running my fingers through it.

"When Fred and I came up you were already passed out and you looked so peaceful. I didn't want to risk waking you so I just slept there." He low voice vibrated against my neck.

"Darling, you should have just got in here with me, I can't imagine you was very comfortable." I sighed gently.

"Oh it's alright honestly and it was only for one night. I did try to get in and spoon Fred but he wasn't up for it." I felt his lips form into a smile as I giggled quietly.

George's warm hands run up and down my back as we laid in each other's embrace in a comfortable silence, neither one of us wanting to get up just yet.

I could hear bird's chirping outside of the window, as the rising sun began to shine more brightly now through the gaps in the curtains. I hugged tighter against George, listening to his quiet breathing as threading my fingers through his hair.

Eventually, George pulled away, still holding me close to him but now coming face to face with me, our noses almost touching. I leant closer and pecked his pink lips, a grin appearing on his face.