DREAMS

Arabella's POV:

George and I headed over to his dorm, saying hi to my brother and everyone else on our way through the common room.

We opened the door and headed in to the room, not sure whether to expect Fred or whether he would still be with Angelina.

To our surprise, we entered the room to see Fred with his back to us, leaning against the wall and staring blankly out of the window.

"Fred?" I called out quietly, turning to shoot George a worried look which he reciprocated.

I heard Fred sniffle up, clearing his throat and seeming to rub his eyes before spinning around to face us.

"Hey," he cleared his shaky voice again, as I noticed his glossy eyes.

"You alright mate?" George asked, closing the door behind us and stepping further into the room.

Fred forced a weak smile, nodding but it was not very convincing.

"Yeah course- just with Ang and I- it's not- I don't think its going to work out."

My mouth fell open slightly, speechless and I watched Fred fight back the tears which were flooding his eyes again.

It wasn't like him to be so emotional and vulnerable, and the sight broke my heart.

"What, why?" George questioned further, walking over and perching on the end of Fred's bed.

"I mean we tried to resolve our fight from the other night- but the more we spoke the more we realized it won't work- like we're leaving before final year and she will be here to finish school- and I'll probably never get chance to see her and it wouldn't be fair."

I sighed in disappointment, knowing how hard it must have been to make that decision.

"Fred, I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how hard that was." George sighed, standing up and reaching over to place his hand on Fred's shoulder.

Fred cleared his throat again, "no, don't worry guys honestly. I mean I'll be fine, it's not big deal. I'm better off on my own anyways."

"You're not on your own." I croaked out, my sympathy for Fred getting the best of me.

"And who knows, you might end up working things out," George tried to reassure him, "if its meant to be, things always work themselves out."

Fred shrugged with a sigh, his eyes glossing over again as his eyes fell to the floor, before looking up and landing on me.

My brows furrowed in utter sadness for him, hating seeming him to defeated.

Without another word, I walked over to him, bringing my arms out to tightly wrap around his torso and squeezing him.

His arms instinctively wrapped around my neck, as I felt him sigh and almost melt in the embrace.

"You're not on your own." I repeated, mumbled into his chest.

Fred let out a shaky breath, leaning his chin on head.

He then lifted one arm out, as I lifted my head to see he was inviting George in.

George sighed with a smile, reaching out and wrapping his arms around the both of us.

I smiled warmly, smushed in between the two of them as we remained in a comfortable silence, allowing Fred to take a moment and enjoy the comfort.

"I hate to be soppy, but you both know how much I love you, right?" Fred mumbled.

George chuckled, "of course we do."