FAMILY VISITS

Fred's POV

It was around 11:45pm when I heard shuffling feet coming up the staircase and towards the bedroom. It must have been George and Arabella coming back from their date.

I had received their bags of presents and kindly placed them at the foot of George's bed, maybe having a peak inside one of two of them. Okay, maybe I looked in them all but they were just staring at me, almost like they were begging me to look.

I was sat on the edge of my bed when the two of them arrived home. I had a wet flannel in my hands which I had been using to try and remove the excessive amount of glitter from my face.

I should have maybe thought it over before I agreed to let Hermione and Ginny do whatever they wanted to me. It was fun at first, wrapped up in tinsel like a big Christmas tree, but it soon became very torturous when they began swiping colourful eyeshadows across my eyelids and sticking various glitters on my face and in my hair.

Oh well, I was definitely pulling it off.

The bedroom door creaked open, revealing both George and Arabella, shivering slightly as they hadn't yet warmed up from the harsh cold outside.

"Evening." I chirped, running my hand through my hair to find my glitter fallen from it. Fuck sakes.

"Hi Freddie," Arabella beamed, her cheeks glowing red from the biting wind, "What's that on you face, is that-"

"-glitter. Yes it's glitter." I huffed, "I've showered and everything and I still can't fucking get it off."

George threw his head back in laughter, Arabella biting the corner of her mouth to contain her laughter to a small giggle.

"I have some makeup remover in my trunk, hang on I'll help you." Belle offered, chuckling and throwing off her flannel and placing it on the bed.

"So, did you have a good time?" I looked to George, whose beaming eyes had followed Arabella is she walked over to her trunk.

"A brilliant time." George grinned, smiling over at Belle as he removed his jacket and hat.

Arabella came over to me, crouching down infront of me and drenching the cloth in what I assumed was the makeup remover.

"And Belle? Did you have a good time?" I asked, letting her bringing the wet cloth to my face to help scrub it.

She bit her lip to hide a bright smile, her cheeks turning pink as she nodded gently. She continued to wipe and rub the cloth on my face, probably doing a much better job than I had done.

I probably sound crazy, but she looked so much happier than when she left. I mean of course she would be happy after a date but there was something about her that seemed so much loved up now, almost like she was in a daze.

I tilted my head slightly, admiring her bright features, looking over to notice George had very similar features to her. He looked so content, unknowingly grinning as he kicked his shoes off to get changed.

I was happy for them. I really was.

"There. All done." Arabella spoke, throwing the flannel over my head with a chuckle before getting up to take her shoes off as well.

I squirmed and ripped the wet cloth from my face, scoffing at her before throwing it in her direction. She predicted my actions, quickly swerving to avoid the hit. The flannel instead headed straight to George, slapping across his face.

I snorted, chuckling lightly whilst he rolled his eyes and chucked it back over to me sassily. Arabella reached in her trunk, pulling out her pyjama bottoms and a black vest before heading over to the door.