A CUTE MOMENT

George's POV

It's been six days since I told Arabella I loved her. And these six days have been amazing.

On Christmas night, after we confessed we loved one another, Belle and I ended up sat on top of the hill behind the house and we spoke for hours. Yeah it was absolutely fucking freezing but we didn't seem to care.

We even ended up going upstairs to wake Fred up, which he wasn't too pleased with at first, but he soon got up and joined us outside. We got wrapped up in blankets this time and took out some leftover snacks. We spoke until the sun came up, Arabella almost completely asleep against my shoulder as Fred and I watched the winter sun rise.

These were the moments I lived for, with my brother and Arabella.

The days to come were mainly spent with the two of them also, as well as the rest of the family. We played a lot of board games, took a family trip to Diagon Alley, baked cookies and of course sang some more songs on the karaoke machine.

I didn't think I could adore Arabella anymore than I already did, but ever since Christmas night, I found myself wanted to be with her 24/7. Whenever she went off to go chat in the girls room or go for a walk with Hermione I couldn't help but miss her; she was on my mind constantly.

It's like I was obsessed with her, wanting to be close to her all the time.

Which brings us to New Years Eve. It was around 4pm, and we had spent most of the day setting up the huge tent and all the tables and chairs outside for the party. Fred and I hung up some fairly lights around it all whilst everyone else decorated the inside. Once we were finally done it looked pretty amazing, and everyone was very excited for the night.

Arabella had headed off to the shower, leaving Fred and I in the room alone to discuss the night to come.

"Fred." I mumbled, placing my clean washing into my drawer which Arabella had so kindly folded.

"Mhm." He hummed, using is wand to organise a scattered pile of papers on the desk.

"What if Diggory does try something with Arabella tonight?"

"We won't let him."

"But what if he does?"

"Then we'll kill him." Fred smirked whilst winking jokingly, causing me to chuckle.

I know Belle would go crazy if I created any bother tonight; I knew she didn't want to cause trouble. But regardless, if I saw Cedric anywhere near her tonight, I wouldn't hesitate to tell him what's what. And I knew Fred would have my back.

"I'm going to go shower." I spoke, heading off to the door.

"But Arabella's still in there."

"I know." I winked, Fred shaking his head with a laugh before I slipped off to the bathroom.

I reached the bathroom door, hearing the water and a mumbled humming coming from Belle. Her voice sounded so angelic; it was faint but sounded so effortless.

I discretely opened the door, not wanting to startle her. The mirror was fogged over and the hot steam filled the room. I looked over to the shower, seeing Belle with her back to me, water droplets sliding down her bare back and she massaged her scalp.

"Can I join?" I spoke quietly, hoping not to frighten her.

She jumped slightly, spinning her head around but immediately relaxing when she realised it was only me. A small smile crept on her face as she ran her hands through her wet hair before nodding timidly.