KARAOKE

George's POV

I watched as Arabella's dainty hand twisted to doorknob shut, leaving me with my ginger git of a brother.

"Seriously Freddie?" I huffed, leaning my head in my hands.

"How was I supposed to know I'd be interrupting something?" He threw his hands up in defence, a guilty look on his face. I shot my head up to him and narrowed my eyes.

His eyes widened in response, "Oh- oh shit- was you gonna tell her you-"

"Yes Fred." I gritted through my teeth, his lips curling into a small frown.

I couldn't stop replaying it over in my mind; Arabella looking deeply into my eyes with the piece of jewellery with my initial on hanging from her neck, reminding me that she was all mine.

I was so close to admitting I was in love with her- so close. It felt like the right moment, well it did until Fred barged in. I swear I'm going to end up hexing him one of these days.

"George?" Fred's voice stole my attention, and I looked up at him with a huff.

"Sorry." He mumbled, an innocent smile on his face and pleading eyes, "Come sing on the karaoke thing with me, I'll let you be the lead?"

His offer made me chuckle, and I felt my stern face soften as I let out a final sigh before nodding in agreement. He didn't mean to interrupt, even though he does seem to do it a lot. I couldn't stay mad at him, especially on Christmas.

"Come on then dickhead." I rolled my eyes, standing and heading towards the door.

As Fred swung the door open, muffled music could be heard coming from the living room, and what sounded to be Arabella's voice.

Fred and I both turned to each other, before hurrying down the stairs in unison, not wanting to miss out. The scene in front of us once we reached the bottom of the stairs was quite amusing.

Arabella was currently placing Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny into coordinated spots in the centre of the living room. She mumbled, 'you stand here' and 'you go there' as Hermione and Ginny giggled whilst Ron and Harry groaned.

Dad watched with a chuckle from the sofa, holding Hermione's new polaroid camera in his hands carefully, confirming with Hermione which button to press to take a picture. Mum observed quietly from the table, cleaning it with a smile.

"Right," Arabella beamed, looking rather excited, "You all know this song, so I want to see a lot of enthusiasm, especially from you, posh spice." Arabella teased whilst pointed at Harry.

"Posh who?" Fred laughed, Arabella's head turning to us in surprise.

"Posh spice. We're all spice girls." She smiled widely, automatically causing a smile to appear on my face also.

She composed herself, standing back in her spot at the front, Hermione and Ginny stood either side of her and Harry and Ron looking rather fed up at either end. Fred and I jumped over the back of the sofa, landing at either side of dad, very excited to watch the performance.

Arabella nodded to dad with a grin, him leaning over to the side table and pressing the 'PLAY' button on the machine. The music we had heard from upstairs started once more, and the performance began.

'Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want'

Arabella began, Ginny and Hermione singing along side of her, all three of them holding back giggles. Ron and Harry mumbled the words quietly, looking over at each other with embarrassed faces as they did.