Uncle Dean

Following on from last chapter.
Andy: Ruiz I'm freaking out she won't answer my calls or texts.
Police officer 1: Ahh right more EMT'S, all these people are mainly just in shock, do a quick check up and then get ready for the people who are coming out who could be injured.
Mia's pov:
Tara: Could we get to anywhere safer?
Mia: The toilets are just over there if we want to risk it.
Isaac: I could create a distraction whilst you 4 run.
Mia: I think we should think about this.
He throws his book to the other side of the food court.
Mia: RUNN!!!
Darcy: We made it.
Mia: That was very stupid.
Isaac: Yeah but it worked.
Mia: We need to stay to the side away from the door... just incase.
Sophie: What now?
Mia: We wait, I'm gonna text my tía and make sure she lets them know we're here, they'll come and get is when its safe.
Meanwhile
Police officer 1: Most of these are okay just need checkups.
Andy: Elle over here, I got her.
Theo: I'll just check the others other quickly.
Andy: wheres Mia, and the others?
Elle: We all got split up, we got separated into two groups of 5, I don't know where they are, they were sat at the table.
Andy: How did the head wound happen?
Elle: Me and Tao were getting KFC and the others were having Maccies, when the gunshots happened they told us all to go in the back. Everyone moved forward I got pushed and hit my head on the counter.
Andy: It doesn't look too bad you don't feel sick or anything?
Elle: Yeah I do a bit actually.
Amdy: That could be a concussion nothing to worry about too much, just something that could be a problem if not treated right.
Elle: Can my friends come over now?
Andy: Yeah, me and Theo will have to take you home so we can explain to your parents.
Tao: Is she okay?
Andy: Shes going to be f- i just got a text of Mia they're all okay hiding in a disabled toilet.
Elle: All of them are okay?
Andy: Thats what the text says.
Theo: They got a hit on a security camera, they know exactly where the suspect is, they're going in.
Andy: WAIT! I've been in contact with someone inside there's a group of 5 kids hiding in the disabled toilet.
Police officer 1: The suspect is nowhere near them they should be safe, we'll get them out once he's in cuffs.
Inside.
Police officer 2: SUSPECT GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!
Swat team member: LOWER YOUR WEAPON, PUT THE G!N ON THE GROUND.
Police officer 2: SLIDE YOUR WEAPON TOWARDS US NOWWW.
Swat team member: ITS OVER, THERES NO WHERE TO GO YOURE SURROUNDED. Suspect in cuffs, g!n secure.
Police officer 1: we have a group of kids hiding in one of the toilets lets get them evacuated.
Police officer 2: on it. Knocks on door. Its okay kids he's gone its safe you can come out now. Just unlock the door, I'll show you there's no need to be scared.
Isaac: I'll do it.... okay were okay.
Police officer: Come on your friends are all outside.
Andy: SOBRINA oh are you okay are you hurt?
Mia: I'm fine tía, were all out and alive I'll take that.
Andy: Okay here's a water go and sit on the green tarpolin and i'll come and get you and take you back to 19.
Elle: Sophie says it was you who told them all what to do and kept them safe thankyou.
Mia: I can't take all the credit Isaac sacrificed a book for the cause.
All: Gasp.
Charlie: Isaac I knew you could do it.
Isaac: We did it together.
A little bit later.
Andy: Me and Theo are going to take Mia, Elle and Sophie home can the rest of you get home?
Charlie: I could get my mum to come and pick us up in the 7 seater.
Nick: But because your mum is driving thats six seats and seven of us.
Tao: Well if its possible I could go with Elle and Sophie and walk from there its not too far.
Theo: We can do that.
Tara: Okay we will see you all Monday?
Mia: See you Monday.
At 19.
Andy: All the trucks are gone looks like there out on a call, are you okay to wait on your own?
Mia: Yeah im probably just going to go sleep anyway, today has taken it out of me.
Theo: Yeah what happened today can do that especially when you are responsible for saving six lives.
Mia: Auntie Vic told you?
Theo:... yeah was that okay?
Mia: Just please don't tell the rest of 23, if you don't mind.
Theo: Of course I won't....
23's captain: Herrera, Ruiz once your done get to 647 Wright Avenue, could really do with you two here.... Now.
Andy: Crap okay Sobrina we gotta go love you.
Mia: LOVE YOU TOO, STAY SAFE.
When the team gets back minus Dean and Vic.
Maya: Hey Mia, how was the mall?
Mia: Wheres Auntie Vic, I need to talk to her.
Maya: You sure you don't want to talk to Uncle Travis or Grandpa Ben.
Mia: No it needs to be Auntie Vic. Where is she?
Maya: Well she got hurt on the last call, she's in the hospital but they are doing everything they can.
Mia: Well how bad is she hurt?
Travis: Hey Mia its pretty bad but you know Vic, she's a fighter and she'll get through it, as long as she has all of us buy her side.
Mia: Grandpa Ben whats wrong? You haven't said a word. Something else is very wrong right? Where's Uncle Jack and Uncle Dean?
Maya: Mia come in here and sit down. Okay remember you need to stay calm.... Uncle Dean... he's de@d.....
Mia: crying. Wait he's what? He's gone like gone gone. I'm never going to be able to play tickle wars with him any more or go round and visit him at the house boat? How?
Ben: That last call, gas was involved and we tried to make it safe but Dean didn't make it out of the red zone on time, we tried everything we could but he was gone before we even got to the hospital.
Carina: Hey bambina how about I take you home okay we can do whatever you want even if thats you just locking yourself away in your room.
Maya: We've only come back to get changed and then we're all coming home too, we are just going to stop by the hospital to see Vic.
Mia: Can I come i want to see Auntie Vic.
Maya: I'm sorry Mia they don't let kids in the ICU.
Carina: Come on bambina lets get you home.