Death and the Maiden

Andy was released, the twins are with Laura and Lilly for the day whilst Maya and Mia help Andy move in to her new apartment. When Andy meets with the chief Mia and the twins are with her all day, because Maya, Carina and Jack are doing the thing. Sullivan was captain for this shift.
Mia: Tía you ready?
Andy: Hell yeah, they are so big already. Alright come on lets get them in the car, you know I've got to go see the chief right?
Mia: Yeah Maya told me dont worry I'm sure you'll be okay.
Instead of the conversation with Vic and Sullivan pretend its Vic and Beckett.
Mia: Breathe tía.
Chief Ross: Dont tell me your habitually early like me. Our meetings not for an hour.
Andy: No im just antsy, I guess.
Chief Ross: Well come on up. Mia there's a ramp over there.
Mia: Oh right yeah thanks.
Andy: Okay. After they've walked up the stairs they meet Mia at the top of the ramp.
Andy: And we're just fine with that?
Chief Ross: Well, you can waste your time figuring out how to fight the system. " Fighting in the doorway" is what I call it or know what you're dealing with and win from the inside. Practicality moves the needle. Idealism- it just covers it in diamonds you'll probably never get to own.
Cellphone chimes.
Andy: We look at the world very differently.
Chief Ross: Crap, pardon my French. I was supposed to stop by 42 on the way in, and I totally forgot.
Andy: Well, w-what about our meeting?
Chief Ross: Well you guys can ride over to 42 with me. We'll talk in the car. Come on.
Andy: Right Mia you go with the Chief to her car im gonna run to my car and get the car seats. I'll meet you guys there.
In the car. Andy checks her phone.
Andy: Ugh, muscle memory. I just- i turned it off so I would stop reading the comments on the news stories.
Chief Ross: Never read the comments.
Mia: Thats what we have all been trying to tell her.
Andy: Its like first I survive the thing, and then i survive the aftermath of the thing, and now I have to survive the entire Internet's opinion of the thing.
Chief Ross: Sounds like alot.
Andy: I'm fine it's a lifetime of practice compartmentalizing.
Chief Ross: You know, i don't know that this is something that you need to or that you really should compartmentalise.
Andy: No, i know. I just-- it-- I just-- i really want to get back to work. It's the thing that makes me feel the most me.
Chief Ross: I get that.
Andy: Which is why I'm so anxious to hear about my re-assignment.
Chief Ross: Hmmm.
Andy: Your not reassigning me are you?
Choef Ross: Its the policy of the department that firefighters charged with a felony are to be suspended--
Andy: its not like I robbed a bank.
Chief Ross: No, you killed a man. Accidental or not, it doesn't matter.
Mia: But she was a victim.
Andy: I-it wasn't accidental. It was self defense.
Chief Ross: I hope you didn't tell the police that. Ohhh Herrera, I know it's not right and its not fair, but truthfully, I wouldn't put you back in the field right now, even if there was a way around all this red tape. This case is too public, and you're still too raw.
Mia: Your right its not fair how did Lucas get away with what he did to me but she is getting punished for being a victim. This justice system is messed up.
Andy: You know what Miller and Sullivan went to work the day after they were arrested.
Chief Ross: They weren't arrested for manslaughter.
Andy: No they were arrested for being black and out of uniform.
Chief Ross: Exactly. Which is why you need to take a breath and realize that you are lucky as a woman of color, to have this department looking out for you right now.
Andy: I am awaiting trial for manslaughter, my name's all over local news next to the word "killer," and now you just fired me. How is that looking out for me? And--And the fact that my luck is being discussed in relation to my being a woman of color, by the way, kind of highlights how messed up the whole system is, no?
Chief Ross: I'm not firing you. You are on temporary suspension pending the outcome of a trial.
The radio goes off.
Chief Ross: That means I have to make an appearance.
Andy: You can just drop us right here.
Chief Ross: Oh, no, no, no, no. We have a conversation to finish.
Mia: I don't know where would be more awkward here or the apartment.
When we get on scene. Andy goes to take off her seatbelt.
Chief Ross: Oh, no, Herrera. You can't get near the scene. You're still a civilian for now.
Andy: I'm a trained paramedic.
Chief Ross: I'm sorry Herrera.
Andy: Uhh.
Mia: Whats the plan get out of here now whilst she's distracted?
Andy: I dont know. Yeah let's do it. Get out and unbuckle the twins i'll get the pram.
Chief Ross: Hey Herrera I said to stay in the car.
Andy: I am not a child Chief.
Chief Ross: I'm not the one you should be angry with. I'm on your side?
Andy: Your on my side? I mean, you may talk like it, but deepdown, you're just like all the rest of them-- what, so, i-im not mentally ready to come back to work after I thought of my attacker and saved my own ass? What, I still have work to do to earn a captain's seat, when I've been literally doing the job, and excelling at it, at that? What so I can do the job when its convenient for you, I just can't have it right?
Chief Ross: No that's not what I'm saying.
Andy: Ah, for the longest time, i- I thought- i thought it was me. I thought something was wrong with me, that--that things just kept not working out,and I think I just realised its all of you, knowing, prescribing whats best for me. It was the guy in the parking lot who decided he knew better when I said I didn't want to go any further. I-it--it was my dad when the idea of seeing his daughter take over would have been too big of a sign for him to know that he was done. I-it was Sullivan when-when he wanted to keep me in my place because his life was a mess, and its you trying to make this as slow and hard and painful as possible for me,because if you had to come up this way, the hard way, then so do I.
Chief Ross: You have been through a trauma, alright?
Andy: Its this whole screwed up system. Th-The one that tells women of color that we should be grateful for even the smallest thing we're given. Even if we've earned it. Even if its less than we deserve. Even if it's an open secret that the expectations on us are higher and the rewards always lower, because we should know our place, right? Because we're lucky to get anything to begin with. Come on Mia we're going.
Chief Ross: Hey, Hey. I can give you a ride.
Andy: I dont need your help. Right so to HR pick up my car then for some fast food and then back to the apartment.
A little bit later.
Mia: I'm not getting anything off Maya or Carina, can you drop me at Lilly's i'll get one of them to come and pick us up from there.
Andy: Yeah im sorry I would say you could come to mine but I dont think I'm gonna be good company.