scan/ Christmas Prep

A couple of weeks later:
Carina: Bambina don't forget you have your 12 week scan later.
Maya: Are you excited?
Mia: Excited for what?
Carina: Well the baby is going to be alot more visual today.
Mia: It won't just look like a tiny dot?
Carina: No we should be able to see the arms, legs and face clearly maybe even its nose or eyes.
Mia: Exciting.
Carina: That being said your coming to work with me today okay, I don't have many patients we should be able to leave about 3.
Maya: Yeah and then Thursday your both coming to the station and you, Carina and Andy are wrapping the presents.
Mia: I'm looking forward to that I love wrapping presents.
Maya: There is no way we are in the same family.
Carina: Bambina come on otherwise we're going to be late, ciao Bella.
Maya: B-bye and dont worry I will be there later.
Later on at the hospital.
Maya: Hey, you doing okay?
Mia: I'm just nervous.
Carina: She's been like this all day.
Maya: Hmm maybe she should come back to the station with me after the scan it might make her feel better.
Arizona:  Mia Bishop i'm ready for you. Come on hop up onto the table you've had one of these before.
Carina: Si Bambina you know what to do.
Arizona: Shirt up this gel is going to be cold and then lats have a look in there. Oh uhmmm okay I'm uhm just going to get a second or third opinion.
Mia: What's happening?
Carina: I don't know Bambina Let me take a quick look....... Oh no I saw that Uhmm it's noting there's nothing wrong of sorts.
Maya: Carina What did you see?
Arizona: Right I just went and got Meredith and Bailey, I know this is scary but just give me a minute and I'll explain. Do you guys see there, is that just me?
Meredith: No I saw tha definitely.
Bailey: Yeah me too, I saw it.
Maya: Okay someone tell me what going on?
Mia: Maya they still had 10 seconds left.
Arizona: there isn't just 1 baby in there there's 2.…..
Carina: Bambina look at me it's going to be okay I promise you.
Maya: 2 Baby's?
Mia: Are they both healthy?
Arizona: They seem so they're measuring correctly and there we go that's one heart beat and the second one.
Mia: So what do I do now?
Carina: Well you're probably going to be in more pain and you're going to be bigger than you would be if it was just one.
Maya: The real difference will be when they get here, you'll have to push them both out and its going to be alot of extra work.
Mia: I don't get it why me? Twins don't run in our family and I'm sure they don't run in Lilly's?
Carina: It's just the way it goes sometimes Bambina.
Mia: Please can we just go home?
Maya: Don't you wanna come to the station with me?
Mia: No not anymore.
Carina: I'll take her home Bella it's okay I've got paperwork to do but I can do that at home.
Maya: Okay np problem I'll see you both in the morning.
Once home Mia spends all night in her room only coming out for food and water. Their next shift.
Maya: Are you two ready to spend the day wrapping all the presents?
Mia: Did you tell anyone about you know?
Maya: No I didn't think you would want me too, you can tell them today if you want.
Andy: Ahhh Sobrina I haven't seen you in ages.
Mia: I've been asked to come in and help wrap and I don't mind I love wrapping presents.
The team gets called out, Vic is on desk duty.
Andy: Why do I choose to spend my days off here, it's like torture.
Carina: I used to think that I don't anymore, after loosing Andrew I realised that being here was like being at the hospital. It's a second family and I love it even if they do get called out alot whilst I'm here.
A little later the team are still out and Vic is out on a crisis one call. Mia,Andy and Carina head down to put the wrapped presents under the tree.
Carina: So how does it work close to Christmas do family's just come in and take what they need?
Andy: No in a couple of days we'll go around handing out the presents to hospitals and shelters and stuff.
Carina: Oh great can I come? Mia go sit down you shouldn't be lifting.
Andy gets a call from Ben.
Andy: Both of you come with me.
In the prt.
Carina: Has this been approved?
Andy: I don't know all Ben said was its a special case.
Carina: When we get there bambina go and stand with Maya, we really shouldn't have even brought you but we couldn't leave you on your own.
Mia: I will Carina its okay.
On the way back to the station.
Travis: Come on you can ride in the back with me. We'll stick Theo upfront with Captain Bishop and probie doesn't get a say. So how's it going?
Mia: What? If you want to know uncle Travis ask directly.
Travis: Okay I know you had another scan the other day and when Maya got back to the station it didn't seem like she wanted to talk about so i left it. Now im asking you what happened?
Mia: We found out that its twins not just one baby.
Travis: So is that congratulations or?
Mia: I don't how to feel about it. Its messed with my head.
Theo: Well I for one am not surprised, but you have the best family behind you, you'll get through it with our support obviously.
Beckett: Can I say something?
All: NO. Laugh.
Later on in the beanery.
Jack: Marsha made us cookies, they're pretty good actually.
Maya: We uhmmm have an announcement we are going to have a baby.....
Carina: Eventually.
All: What? Seriously? Yayyyy.
Jack: Let me just get in here if I may.
Mia: Also uhmmmm as most of you know I had a scan the other day and we discovered that im pregnant with twins its not just one baby.
Andy: Oh wow its all about the revelations tonight.
Emmett: Are we happy about that??
Mia: Still unsure.
Bailey brings Pru and tells everyone the patient from earlier will be okay. Everyone sits around the table continuing to wrap presents until they get called out again.