8: Another Encounter

——Beginning of the Hunter Exam Arc
A/N = Alias or AKA

A short man who looked older stares at you as you wore your badge, he was wearing a blue shirt and he has brown hair with a badge of number 16. As you caught him staring he immediately turned to look away pretending that you hadn't caught him. He looked nervous and amused by you.

You shrugged him off thinking that he's just one of those creep as you walked in to the crowd to blend in, but kept your distance from Killua. Although close enough that you can see him. His badge was number 99. You sure took your sweet time shopping.

The exam site was underground the Zaban City. You were in a huge tunnel that was blocked by a wall.

As you settled to your place waiting for the exam to start, you suddenly felt a mischievous and playful presence that caught your attention. It was getting closer and closer to you that you couldn't help but to look up by how familiar it was.

Number 44.

Your face remained unchanged and stoic as you realize who that man was. It was the magician you fought in the elevator of heavens arena.

You sighed to yourself. You had hoped to never encounter this man again after your first encounter but, here you are.

"Well~ What do we have here?" He mused with a friendly smile. "I didn't expect I'd see you again." The man chuckled. He sounded delighted to have notice you. "At least not in here."

He was now wearing all white and a yellow jacket tied to his waist, still wearing heels. You thought to yourself, why does someone like him want to be a hunter? He might just be after the perks.

"Fate must have brought us together once again. You might have altered your appearance, but I'm quite certain that it's you." The man smirked, you were already expecting that he'll figure you out. "What a unique and entertaining ability. I wonder what more you can do." Without any response from you, he still managed to chuckle.

"How could I forget someone like you. Your aura is malevolent." The magician's voice whispered the last word seductively as he licked his lips, as if he was aroused.

"I'm Hisoka." He extended his hand with a smirk plastered to his face, expecting a response and a handshake.

"A/N." You said ignoring his extended hand. With your response, his grin widens,

"Hmm. That doesn't sound right." He chuckles to himself. "Very well, I'll call you by that." You got annoyed when he figured out it was a fake name.

Without your acknowledgment to his handshake, he flicked the hand he extended and now he's holding a purple card between his index and middle finger. When faced up, you saw that it was a joker.

"A pleasure to meet you, Y/N." His eyes were full of mischief as his lips stretched to a smile.

"Don't go around calling me that." Your eyes filled with malice looking at him. But this was interrupted when someone bumped into you. You looked at the person, your eyes following the man.

You just sighed sharply, you didn't want to do anything that'll cause you to get attention so you tried to ignore it than killing the man. You were already irritated with Hisoka's presence so you were trying your best.

Your eyes returned to Hisoka but came back once again to the man who bumped into you as you heard him screaming. The man held his arms up as his hand slowly dissipating and turning into red flower petals.

Everyone's attention was now onto the man. "My~ How unusual." And with that, everyone's gaze transferred to Hisoka.

"Seems this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals. Now you see them now you don't." Everyone was stunned. All they could do was watch as the man screamed in pain. Their eyes widens from the scene. You hated that he caused a scene.