20: Warm Up

You and Hisoka were met with traps despite the passage being a little too small. You and the magician ran together in the tight passage, with a pleasant expression on Hisoka's face. Your face however, was bored despite how long you two have been running, the room Hisoka and you decided to enter ended up being a maze with a giant round boulder chasing after you. The floors even tilted supposedly making it a lot harder. But jokes on them, this was as easy as killing.

You swiftly moved quickly as a giant axe suddenly swung, aligning to your necks. You smirked as you dodged another trap. Your gaze transferred to Hisoka's face, he had a pleasant smile plastered on his face. "We're nearing the exit." Hisoka mused as he caught you looking at him.

Your eyes were now focused on the exit ahead of you, the tiny door was slowly closing down while a giant pin ball was just a couple of meters behind you. Your pace was faster now, both you and Hisoka felt the tension from each other.

With high precision and speed, and without even saying anything to one another you and the magician positioned yourself close together, his arm was wrapped around your waist as both of you glided lowly against the floor as if you read each other just by the eye contact you shared.

Both of you glided as you went through the exit just on time before the door closed down. Not long, the pin ball stopped as it made impact against the door, almost shattering the whole wall.

"You said you were tired. But, seeing you back there, I might be convinced that you're lying~"

"I didn't have a choice. Either I act tired or run for my life." You sighed, annoyed. You were slightly out of breath while Hisoka seemed fine. You frowned at the thought that you hadn't really recovered fully.

"Fair enough." Hisoka chuckled. He roamed his eyes around another dark room. " There's another door. Don't you think we should finish this phase first before fighting? I intend to pass this year, who knows how long it'll take us to get to the base of the tower if we fight before finishing this phase we both might end up failing."

"For once, I agree with you," You gathered yourself once again, you were tired already and it made your mood worsen, not to mention, Hisoka. Killua passed through your head. Where is Killua now? It would be too early to assume that he already reached the base of the tower. You thought. It has already been exactly 5 hours and 58 minutes since you were stuck with Hisoka in your original form.

"I think this might be the last door." You claimed, Hisoka agreed with you with a hum.

Both of you stood before the closed door, waiting for it to open. When the door slid up, you were the first to enter the dark room, Hisoka followed. The door behind you closed, leaving both of you in the pitch black room. Both of you were silent and didn't utter a word, you observed the environment despite the lack of light. You didn't need light to know what was there.

You focused as you activated your En. Your aura expanded away from you, forming a dome. Hisoka noticed this as he felt your En pass him. This made him delighted to know that you were capable of using En as well.

Your range was already impressive, Hisoka wondered how far you can do. You scanned the room until you reached your limit of 35 meters. Hisoka was impressed.

Your eyes lit as you felt a presence other than Hisoka within your En. The person was concealing their aura. But when the person felt your en, they had no choice but to face you instead of ambushing in the dark. It was no use, you could still sense them knowing that you were capable of En.

There were candles placed on every step of the spiral stairs, it all lit up one by one until a man sitting down the floor was visible. He had prominent scars on his face.