25: Unsuspecting

All this time, Gittarackur was Illumi. You realized that your ignorance of Illumi's ability did came in handy for him. Look at you, unsuspecting and ignorant. You were fooled despite their striking similarities in their behaviors and even speech.

You were pissed at Illumi. Why was he acting that way? He wrongly accused you of things you haven't done. It was Hisoka's fault. He was the one who kept on getting close to you.

Maybe I have some faults, You thought as you recalled agreeing to his invites and even responding to his chatters. But still.

Why did Illumi even bothered to stay with you while you were unconscious? If he was that disappointed and mad at you, he could've just left you instead of looking after your unconscious body for 30 hours straight.

You were irritated as you felt something in your chest. You were unable to deny the fact that you truly appreciated it, which annoyed you. Damn that Illumi. He was for sure intimidating and scary, even for you. It was unlike for him to use such informal words, especially talking to you, which made you surprised, How unusual of him.

"Your behavior will not be left unpunished."

"You're not my mentor anymore."

"But, I am your superior." With that you became silent, you realized how much you've changed in a span of 10 months. Was it because of Illumi leaving unannounced? Were all of these a petty revenge? You could only sigh in defeat.

"Fine." You admitted defeat. "I'll accept the punishments."

"Good." Illumi commented with a satisfied yet stern tone, obviously having the upper hand as usual. Which made you sick of it. For a manipulator, you rarely get your ways.

You stood up from where you were, walking to the opposite direction from where Illumi was. You wanted to get away, the air here was suffocating.

Before you could take a step further away from him, he spoke again from behind you, "Oh, one more thing." He added, you halted but did not bother to face him,

"If I find out you're talking to Hisoka. I'll kill you, Y/N."

He dropped those words too casually for your liking that it made you roll your eyes. You left without responding, however, still keeping in mind of his warning.

You groaned as you recalled what happened earlier. It was late in the middle of the night and you were roaming around, not so far from where Illumi was. You just wanted to kill time, you hadn't activated your nen ability, so you were out at night with your original form. You needn't worry though, it was pointless. You won't let anyone survive if they see you like this.

You felt dirty, so you thought of finding a nearby pond or even better, a river so you could clean up properly. The night was dead and everything was pleasingly silent. The strong light of the moon was your only source of light. The moon helped you find a body of water as the strong reflection of the moon caught your eyes. There was a river, however, you halted as you sensed a familiar presence nearby.

With quiet footsteps and your mastery of stealth, you silently looked for signs of another applicant. Your brows rose as you saw a little boy comfortably laying down on the grass, just beside the river. It was Gon. Even at sleep, he had his fishing rod on hand, you chuckled quietly.

You ignored the sleeping boy to rest, unconsciously scanning for another presence besides the two of you. You didn't know why you made sure Gon was safe, but you were glad he was, as you confirmed that no one was nearby.