3: Quit it

You were ready for dinner. All you did all day was think about how you're going to even it up with Illumi as you rested.

Your body felt better, indicating that you're healing so much faster which you've trained for.

You wore nice presentable clothes, perfect for the casual occasion. As you went out of your room, your sight caught a white haired figured. His hands were both on his nape as he casually whistles. You all were now heading to the dining room.

You walked after him and it was only then that he noticed you. He was amused by how good you were at hiding your presence that he wasn't able to sense you when you were behind him.

"Big sis!" The kid called running after you and matched your pace. You only looked down at him as an acknowledgment.

"I was expecting you to be at least happy that aniki is back." His cat eyes glanced at your face as you walked looking straight ahead. His lips formed a mischievous smirk,

"Oooo~ are you still mad at him?" He giggled, in an attempt of teasing you.

"I don't care, Kil." You said. Killua giggled mischievously at your change of mood.

He knew you didn't mind him annoying you and he knows you like it when he talks to you. You see him as a little brother. You love and care for Killua. And he knows this deep down. You may look like you were heartless but Killua knows you see him as your own sibling. You were there to witness how happy the Zoldycks became when Killua was born.

The loads of pressure that Zeno and Silva gave to you lightened when Killua was born. But you weren't too happy that Killua gets to be tortured and experience what you experienced. You couldn't do anything though.

You assist Illumi in training Killua. He almost received as much as torture as you, but you were older, which is given that you were tortured more than him and been through maybe worse.

You were busy training these past few months that Killua felt like it was the first time he got to talk to you again.

"I missed you big sis."

He smiled and walked ahead of you. His hands were back on his nape. You didn't know what to feel about that. You knew that Killua was an affectionate type but it was only when he was younger. It caught you off guard hearing those words from him again but you smiled when he was facing his back.

In the dinner table. Illumi sat across you like normal. Your appetite wasn't participating as usual. You hated the taste of poison but this was normal to you. You liked the outside food better.

From a very young age, you were fed food with poison. It was to make your body immune to it with little by little dose. Consistency is what matters. As your body gets accustomed to it, the dose increases. No matter how awful you feel, you cannot be an exemption to poison, you must eat everyday. In no time you had gotten used to it. You just hated the taste now but it doesn't affect your body anymore.

You use to have high fever, stomach ache, nausea and severe hallucinations when you consume poison. But it changed, you built a tolerance of it, your body is now immune.

"Care to report why you've been gone, Illumi?" You heard the head of the Zoldyck ask. Killua's eyes bore on to you and Illumi back and forth while he was chewing, expecting a reaction from you, however, you continued eating, acting like you haven't heard anything.

You never looked at him. Kikyo and Silva— Everyone noticed that.

"There is no need to be concerned. I've been safe and I'm doing well." Illumi answered plainly as he continues to eat his food.

"Oh we know dear~ As family, shouldn't we know what you've been up to?" Kikyo joined wiping her scarlet stained lips with a napkin gracefully.

"I was on a mission in Meteor City. I couldn't bother to let you all know because it was confidential. Forgive me if it took me longer than I expected." Silva nodded in approval, Kikyo continued eating as she smiled in satisfaction with Illumi's explanation.

Milluki daren't interfere with the conversation as he was eating as fast as he could to return to his room. Kalutto was silent, only focused in eating. Zeno doesn't really join dinner, only if he wants to or if he's at home.

You felt daggers being thrown at you but it was just Illumi staring. You ignored it and never looked at him. Your expression remained unbothered and the same the entire evening.

When the evening was finally over, they discussed and reported their missions after eating. You on the other hand stayed silent and only listened because you don't have anything to report since you stayed in the estate for over 10 months and never took any jobs in the time duration.

Illumi thought it was strange that you didn't talk for the whole dinner, Kikyo only giggled at his son's reaction to you, Killua displayed a smirk.

No one mentioned to him what you've been doing while he was away. He was unaware of how much you've trained while he was gone.

After the short catching up which felt like an eternity, everyone finally returned to their respective chambers, you saw Illumi in your peripheral view, eyes still locked on you. It was obvious how annoyed he was with your scheme but you couldn't care less.

The walk back to your room was long given that the mansion felt as big as the mountain. Hallways were long, doors were heavy and massive, rooms makes you feel small and stairways seemed endless. The manor was decorated with gothic-medieval and victorian furnishing which was obviously Kikyo's doing. Despite it, the manor was highly advanced, equipped with high-end technology for security purposes.

You were finally back in your room. You cleaned yourself and changed in to your night gown. You approached your mirror to fix yourself before going to bed.

In the reflection. Something caught your eye. You turned your head as quick as you could and saw Illumi standing beside the foot of your queen sized bed. When your surprised eyes met his, he sat down on the foot of your bed as you watched it sink from his weight.

"Oh look. You finally looked at me." He said plainly, you've gotten used to his emotionless tone that even without hearing it for months nothing had changed to it.

You were determined to stick with your plan. Although you were caught off guard by his sudden appearance in your room, You minimized your reaction of surprise. You ignored and walked to your bed as if he wasn't there.

When you got to your bed with the intention of resting, you found yourself being pinned down by Illumi. You haven't even lied down, yet you found your left arm raised above your head, wrist pinned down on to the soft mattress.

Illumi's face and yours were only an inch apart. You avoided his piercing void eyes, you tilted your head away from his face which fueled his anger.

"Quit it."