22: The Third Party

The eldest son of the Zoldyck sat down on the comfortable chair beside your bed, you could barely move and it has already been a week. You were laid on your soft and comfortable mattress with a basket of fruit on your bed side table.

"Being able to manipulate your body to get temporarily stronger and deceive your targets are quite straightforward. Tell me, Y/N, why have you decided on that?"

"Am I really required to answer that? I don't even know about your abilities, why must you think you deserve an answer?" You asked back with a slight irritated tone.

"You know I'm a manipulator, same as you. So answer me now. Why have you decided on that ability?" His tone was accompanied with impatience.

"It's not that interesting of a topic, Illumi. But if you really want to know,"

"Go on."

"I am technically a mere outsider. I do not possess the natural talent that a Zoldyck posses. So, that's why I decided to develop a sensible ability. One that would assist me in my assassinations and to keep up with the trainings you put me through. So technically, my ability revolves around assassination."

"How practical of you. Your ability is a reminder of your dedication for the art of killing." A hint of admiration and amusement can be traced from the eldest son's tone.

The room had gone silent so you decided to speak again, "It's quite unfair that you know about my ability but I don't have a clue about yours, don't you think?"

"Perhaps." Illumi just shrugged, having no intentions of revealing it to you, however, this doesn't stop you from being persistent despite knowing that you wouldn't get an answer.

"You don't trust me?"

"No, I do. Don't get it wrong." He denies.

"Then at least just tell me the reason why you've been hiding it from me?"

"Nothing special really. Your ignorance of my ability might be useful in the future."

"What a lame reason."

"Your ability is 'lame'. Look at you, bedridden because of overusing it. It's quite a downside, Y/N." He turns the conversation against you.

"I'm aware of that, but, that just means I need to train more to be able to endure it."

"You're right. However, every time you train your endurance, you are left incapacitated and incapable of taking on a job and even train right after. You turn useless. You're improving too slow and it's hindering your tasks. You'll die of exhaustion before you even improve."

"That's harsh."

"I am merely stating a possibility."

"That's not the only thing that's possible."

You blinked your eyes open, adjusting to the brightness of the room that was lit only by the torches on the walls. You grunted, your body felt heavy and drained. Your eyes lit up as if you had an instant doze of caffeine as you realized where you were, How long was I knocked out? You mentally panicked.

"Oh, Awake already? I was getting worried that you wouldn't make it to the next phase. It would be a shame. I'd get bored if you weren't there~" Hisoka's face was the first thing that greeted you.

You sighed, only finding Hisoka and yourself in the same room. No one passed yet, except for the both of you so far. Worry started to ensue your mind, How long has it been? How's Killua? You scolded yourself for overthinking. You realized that it hasn't been that long since there was no one, other than Hisoka and you in the base of the tower at the moment.