26: The Last Phase

The blonde's eyes reminded you of the blood moon, except, his might be prettier. You were enchanted by his glowing scarlets, it felt like being hypnotized, until you noticed his bloodlust thicken.

'My... for someone who can't use nen, his bloodlust sure is strong.'

You snapped out from the enchantment. "Something the matter?" You asked, stepping closer to Kurapika.

Once you were a meter away from each other, he closed his eyes with furrowed brows, he then let out a deep breath to calm himself down.

The blonde opened his eyes, you blinked as they were back to normal, you slightly pouted as you wanted to see it longer,

"Sorry." He sighed once more as he noticed a glint of interest you displayed for his eyes. "I suppose I can trust you." He said as you looked at him expectantly for explanation on what just happened to him.

"I came from the Kurta Clan, which was massacred by the criminals you mentioned 7 years ago, I am the sole survivor." He paused as he almost stuttered. You remained silent, expecting more from him.

"We were a bounty due to the reason that our eyes glow scarlet when we feel intense emotions, like what you just saw. It is considered to be one of the 7 most beautiful colors in the world."

"The word triggers me, even seeing a spider does the same." He sighed in displeasure.

You hummed in amusement, "Interesting. So it's safe to say you're objective here is to become a blacklist hunter and hunt down the Phantom Troupe to avenge your brethren?"

"Yes. You're right."

"Well, I wish you luck. I believe you have the potential to defeat some of them. Maybe even their strongest. I look forward to it."

"You seem to know something about them."

"Yes. I am quite acquainted with the troupe."

"You're what?" Kurapika's brows furrowed while his eyes remained intensely at you.

"You see. I get hired by anyone powerful and wealthy enough, they were once my client. Their leader, to be specific." You recalled as they paid you a handsome amount of money when they requested for your presence.

"We're you there when the massacre of my clan happened?"

At the meeting place, right after the fourth phase, you only found a few applicants already present. In the moment Killua arrived and spotted you, his face lit up as he immediately ran towards you. "Y/N!"

"Where were you the entire phase?" He asked as he reached you. "I tried to find you. It was really boring."

"Really? I wasn't really hiding, guess you have to step up your game, Kil." You grinned teasing him.

"C'mon. You probably were, I couldn't find you!" Killua pouted as he received another teasing from you.

"Hey, Gon and the others aren't here yet. I wonder what happened to them?" You thought the same thing as Killua brought them up. You looked around with no signs of their presence.

"You are given 1 hour to gather at the meeting place! Just a reminder, no exchanging nor stealing of each other's badges once you've reached the zone." The exam committee announced with booming speakers from the ship.

Seconds have passed, Hisoka and Gittarackur— no, Illumi emerged from the forest along with the other examinee whom you've heard the name was Bodoro. Illumi's eyes and yours met, his disguise was back again, his stiff smile greeted you from the distance. You felt slight annoyance, Killua noticed this as he eyed both you and the tall purple man.