21: Fight!

As the door from the tower's base opened you and Hisoka simultaneously stepped in the room, "First to pass the third phase, Hisoka number 44 and A/N number 333." The speaker announced in the empty room only containing, you and Hisoka.

"Time elapsed, 6 hours and 17 minutes." Not bad considering that Hisoka and I were trapped for 3 hours in a maze, designed with optical illusions.

"We're the first ones here. No one will interrupt us so I suggest that we get started." Hisoka interrupted the silence.

You positioned yourself across from Hisoka, your steely gaze meeting his with the intention of finishing the fight quickly so you could rest more. The enigmatic magician, wore his trademark grin, excitement was obvious in his eyes as he prepared to face off against his skilled but tired opponent. You.

The two of you circled each other, a silent understanding passing between the two of you. You assessed Hisoka's strengths and weaknesses from the fight he had 2 minute ago. Your movements fluid and precise. Hisoka, ever the showman, exuded an aura of confidence as he awaited the first move.

You activated your nen ability to enhance parts of your body. Your endurance temporarily heightened to keep up with his speed, your skin and bones hardened to reduce risks of injuries and to protect your internal organs, finally, your limbs were stronger than before, your legs and arms grew bulky and stronger temporarily. You knew the consequences of this but in order to survive Hisoka's intent, you deemed that it was necessary.

Without warning, Hisoka was the one who lunged forward, his movements swift and unpredictable as he unleashed a series of attacks. You dodged and weaved with a grace that belied your lethal intent, your strikes landing with accuracy as you countered with a calculated ferocity.

The enclosed room echoed with the sound of your blows, a symphony of clashing limbs and grunts of exertion. Hisoka was amused with your hardened skin. You were a lot stronger than the last time you fought in heavens arena, however, come to think of it, the fight wasn't really that serious as this one, the space in the elevator back then was limited so both of you had to tone yourselves down.

The examiner was entertained watching both of you from the cameras in the base of the tower.

Despite your exhaustion, Hisoka could sense the fire that burned within you, the fierce determination that drove you forward. He grinned, delighted by the challenge you presented, reveling in the thrill of battle. He didn't have anything on his mind, he was practically high from the pleasure and satisfaction you gave him.

Without warning, you struck, your hand flashing out like a viper as you manipulated your hands to be hard and sharper than any blade, unleashing a barrage of lightning-fast attacks that caused an injury on Hisoka's right trapezius muscle that's between his shoulder and neck as you attempted to aim at his neck.

Hisoka's eyes lit up as he smirked in amusement at the injury you caused him. He dodged again and again from your reoccurring attacks. Hisoka's movements were almost hypnotic in their fluidity, his injury was nothing to him, "I was right about you." He murmured as he acknowledges your strength and the great potential within you.

Despite your skills and enhanced body parts, it was apparent that you were still exhausted and drained from the way you try to conserve your energy by not moving around more than necessary to dodge his attacks.

Hisoka's unpredictable fighting style began to take its toll. "You're practically begging to be killed." Hisoka remarked with a degrading tone as his squinted his malicious eyes that was locked on to you, it was clear that he was holding back despite his pent up desires, "But I can't kill you. You're yet to ripen for me."

With a sudden, unexpected move, he landed a decisive blow that sent you staggering back, it was enough to knock out someone however, your breath coming in short gasps. you knew you were outmatched knowing that you were drained, but your resolve remained unbroken like the promise you made, as you prepared to face your defeat.

Hisoka stood before you, a triumphant but satisfied glint in his eyes were apparent. "My... I should've expected that a blow from me isn't enough to knock you out, even at the state you're in."

You braced yourself for the final blow. But to your surprise, Hisoka stayed his hand, a look of genuine admiration and interest in his gaze. He reached out his hand for you to accept to stand up.

You accepted his hand, pulling yourself up to stand up, without a warning, your knees gave up and your vision darkened. But just in time, Hisoka caught you before your body made contact with the tower's dusty floor.

Now, you're in his arms, unconscious and once again vulnerable like the last time. Your nen ability deactivated as you fainted, your body now back to normal.

"You knew this would happen, didn't you? Yet you still did it despite the consequences you'd face whenever you overuse your ability." Hisoka sighed after he let out a chuckle, your unconscious body was held gently on his arms.

"I'd start to assume that you trust me with your life." Hisoka smiled and chuckled at his own remark, if you were conscious, you were already frowning at him.

It was quite smart of you to trust him though. You had the assurance from him that Hisoka couldn't kill you yet because you hadn't reached your full potential. So, it was safe to think that he wouldn't harm your unconscious body. All you have to do, now that you've fulfilled your promise to him, is rest.

Thanks to your ability, you survived without wounds nor injuries from the fight, you were only knocked out by exhaustion. All you had to do is regain your energy. Thus, it was wise of you to pass out from exhaustion than to pass out from injuries given that injuries are longer to recover from.

Hisoka placed you on the floor as he gently fixed your body's position to lean on the wall while you were unconscious. He was gentle with you as if you'd break if he ever held you too hard.

Sure you were strong, but in no time, Hisoka was privileged enough to see you in such vulnerable state.