11: A Zoldyck Inconvenience

Everybody was still panting from the first phase while you on the other hand waited for the gate to open, secretly keeping an eye on Killua without watching him.

The gate finally opened making you and the other applicants look at the gate. Everybody was anticipating of what could be inside. Your eyebrows perked as you saw kitchen items. You knew you'd fail if cooking was included, and seeing the sight inside the gate, you knew it was over for you.

You were an assassin, on your free time you meditate, read and train. You didn't have time for practicing your culinary skills, all you knew in the kitchen was how to hold a knife. It wasn't really encouraged in the Zoldyck household for the masters to learn how to cook.

You and the Zoldycks were coddled by the butlers and the helps, they always serve you which made you believe that you needn't bother yourself to learn such skill when someone else can do it for you. This mindset of yours made you sigh and helpless in the second phase of the exam, but you were relieved when you remembered Killua and you were the same.

He doesn't know how to cook either. Despite that, he seemed cheerful and happy. He seemed to be enjoying himself in the exam. You needn't wonder why he joined, it wasn't because he wanted to be a hunter, no. He's really doing it for fun.

That just means he'll likely fail the hunter exam as well. If he fails then you fail with him. If he passes, you'll do anything to pass with him. You'll follow him wherever he goes. You were sure Killua doesn't like the idea of someone following him, but if it was you, you weren't sure if he'd be annoyed or weirded out. This was your first time watching (stalking) Killua. This was usually Illumi's job.

"Will all of the applicants who passed the first phase please enter?" The slim and tall woman's voice announced. She has green hair tied into an interesting updo. Behind her was a man that was almost 10x bigger than her.

"Welcome all. I'm Menchi. Your examiner for the second phase." The examiner introduced herself.

"And likewise. I'm Buhara." The other examiner said.

Everybody was silent, you were standing behind the boy named Gon who has Killua on his left side and the boy you heard was named Kurapika on his right side.

Suddenly, the examiner named Buhara made the crowds eyebrows to raise as his stomach rumbles from hunger.

"What was that noise?" You heard from the crowd behind you.

"Sounds to me that you're getting hungry." The examiner Menchi looked up with a smirk at Buhara.

"I'm famished!"

"Well there you have it folks! The second phase..."

"Will be cooking!" You were already expecting it but when the examiner announced the second phase you felt like you were washed over by the thought that you can't cook. You thought, It can't be helped. I wasn't made to be a hunter after all.

You heard everyone murmured to themselves. Most of the applicants were complaining.

You then caught a presence from afar watching. It wasn't watching you, but it was watching the entire exam. You ignored the presence. It was probably an exam committee or the examiner from before.

After the examinees complained to the gourmet hunters and mocking them for their job, all of the applicants were sent off to Visca Forest to look for pork which will be the main ingredient of your dish.

You sighed, at least hunting was easier for you.

Everybody was already scattered in the forest, some were looking behind the trees to find if any pigs were hiding. Some were wandering around, searching the area.

When you arrived in the location, the pigs weren't your problem, you immediately located Killua. He was with the people that was close with the Gon kid. They were heading somewhere else. Maybe they found the pigs?

With your nen ability, you manipulated the cells responsible for sharpening your eyes. Your vision was now like a camera, able to zoom in and zoom out with clarity. You then looked around, searching for any signs of animals.

Your sharpened vision caught a hoard of giant carnivorous pigs that seemed to be chewing on bones, they have a giant snout for a nose.

You deactivated your nen that was responsible with your sharpened vision transferring the focus of nen to your legs. You manipulated your legs enhancing the strength of it. Bulging muscles and veins were prominent on your lower body.

With that, you jumped off the slope landing silently on the soil in front of the chewing pig. Your eyes met alerting the pig to danger. With your reflexes and nen enhanced legs you jumped up and grabbed on to a branch with one hand carrying your weight as the pig ran to your direction. If you hadn't jumped you were going to be ran over by the giant animal.

Moments later, you heard a boy's voice. It sound of it came from Gon and then came in Killua which was a joyful scream as he seemed to be descending the slope and turned into a panicked shouting. This caught your attention so you turned and located the voice to where it came from.

You finally found them, he stopped sliding down behind Gon who was watching the pigs chewing on bones silently with an annoyed Killua behind him. Then followed the man named Leorio and then Kurapika.

They were unaware of you watching them as they were busy looking at the pigs. As the realization hit them they went running for their lives. You quite enjoyed the show, not worrying about Killua because he was more than capable, he also seemed to be enjoying the chase, laughing his ass off while giant pigs were after them.

When all the pigs went to chase after the four, you silently followed them jumping tree by tree to keep up with their pace, they ended up dragging the pigs into the forest where most of the examinees were. Some ran for their lives, some ended up being ran over, a man threw a boulder but made no luck as the boulder hit a pig's snout, the boulder then shattered into pieces.

"Ah that's it. Their foreheads are their weak spot." You found Killua's voice after losing the sight of them.

"I see that makes sense. They develop tough snouts to protect their delicate foreheads." The blonde, Kurapika claimed. After that all the examinees went and targeted the pigs on their foreheads.

Killua hit the pigs using his skateboard, Kurapika using his wooden weapon. You on the other hand were watching them but then decided to get your pig when Killua already have his.

With your enhanced legs, you jumped off the branch of the tree, breaking the branch you were standing on and falling on the direction of one examinee. Your target was to land on the pig's snout to hit its forehead, and you did just that. You made sure you wouldn't stood up with how you attacked because Killua was nearby.

With that, all the examinees, except the men who got run over, returned with giant pigs on their hand.

Okay. Time for cooking. You started sweating looking at Killua's group who seemed to be minding their business while preparing to roast their pigs, while you on the other hand tried your best to not get caught copying what they were doing.