4: She's Back!

"Quit it."

You felt a tinge of Illumi's bloodlust leaking which made you come back to your senses. His already dark eyes darkened, his hair was moving as if there was a gust of wind in your room.

You have gotten used to Illumi's bloodlust but it never failed to give you goose bumps, "Get off me." You demanded as your face turned to face him, both noses almost touching. You could smell his breathe and even the faint yet familiar scent of his skin. Your face displayed annoyance and irritation.

"Okay." Illumi said with an almost joyful absent minded tone like he use to. He got off of you so swiftly that you almost forgot he had you pinned down just a second ago. He just stood there in front of you waiting for you to get up.

"Why were you ignoring me?" Illumi asked almost sounding offended. He didn't know why, but he expected that you'd be happy that he was finally home.

You sat down the bed and stood up. "Why did you leave just like that?!" Your voice bursted from your lips, ignoring his question.

Illumi displayed an expression as if he was taken aback by your sudden outburst, however, he knew that it was coming. "Oh. Would you rather had me pin you down again?" He joked but with how plainly he said it, it came off as if he was serious.

His response fueled your anger. Illumi acted as if he realized it wasn't what you mean when he felt your bloodlust creeping in, as it darkened the room.

"I know you'd insist joining me when I tell you I have business in Meteor City." Illumi admitted seeing no point of dragging it further.

"And why would you assume that?"

"Even Dad and Mom let me get away with it because they understood. I was only trying to keep you away from there, and they want the same." Illumi explained. No hint of emotion could be found in his tone.

"Keep me away from my home?" You provoked with furrowed eyebrows. You were already irritated, you didn't care where it'll lead.

"Don't be ridiculous. This is your home. Y/N." Illumi said emphasizing every word as his eyes became darker than they already were, if that's even possible.

You just rolled your eyes, anger still visible on your face as you sat back down your bed with arms crossed.

Moments had passed, it was nothing but silence between the two of you. Illumi just stood there, his eyes never leaving your frowning figure. You sat on your bed with a prominent wrinkle on your forehead as your eyebrows met.

"You're still mad?" Illumi tilted his head like how a puppy would. His long hair swayed gracefully, his big and dark eyes displayed genuine curiosity.

"Get out of my room."

"I refuse."

"I'm going to sleep!" You threw a pillow at him, he caught it, unsurprisingly. He walked towards you as gently placed the pillow you threw back where it was before.

"Y/N, I apologize for leaving unannounced. It wasn't any different from any of my missions before, it just took me longer than I expected." Illumi said looking at you. You were still silent. You did not bother acknowledging him.

This made you question yourself. Why were you so mad again?

"Did you perhaps... Missed me?" Illumi's tone was laced with both absent mindedness and amusement. Your face frowned at what he asked you but you kept your silence. Illumi noticed this. You admit, it caught you off guard but you where better than that.

Without any verbal response from you, he spoke again after waiting, he believes your silence was more than a response. "Hm. I'll be taking my leave. Goodnight Y/N."