31: Cursed

You insisted on not dressing up for the occasion, your mind still running thoughts and you couldn't bother to change from your night gown to something more proper, you wanted answers to your questions immediately,

fortunately, Hiroko wouldn't let you leave your room underdressed. The butler talked you through it, despite the risk of being killed by you, which surprisingly helped you compose yourself as you were uneasy and anxious.

"The mistress, Kikyo was scolding master Illumi, that's why we butlers left the room to give them privacy. I could only hear much, Master Y/N." Hiroko lowered their head when they noticed your displeased gaze. The butler could sense your uneasiness in the matter, given that you only knew as little as them.

"No matter, I should confront Kikyo about it." You sighed confused, thoughts wouldn't stop running in your head which fueled your determination to demand for answers.

"There is no need, I believe the dinner was set to discuss the matter, master Y/N."

Your steps were heavy, the aura around you wasn't exactly calm and composed like usual. You seek answers to your questions or else your mind wouldn't be at ease. Hallways echoed your unusually heavy footsteps. Your heels smacked the floor, announcing your arrival as you barged in the dining room.

On the table, Kikyo and Illumi were already seated. They were greeted with your frowning face, displeased to see them together.

"Excuse Kil from this occasion, he's currently in solitary confinement as you may already know." Kikyo spoke as she clasped her hands, pleased with your presence. "And as for the others, they have their own matters to attend to."

"I believe we have matters to discuss ourselves." You said sternly, displeased by Kikyo's pleased smile. Without uttering a word, Kikyo pointed out your seat with her hand as her smile remained, you could only follow with a frown on your face as you sat across Illumi.

"Explain yourselves." You demanded.

"Help yourself first. Please, we must celebrate your birthday Y/N. Forget about trivial matters for now." The mistress chimed with a graceful smile on her lips as she points at the mouthwatering dishes presented in front of the three of you.

"Trivial?" You reiterated sounding offended. How could her say it was non of importance, this was about your life.

With an impatient sigh you spoke again, "What's all this for? Keeping it from me would only cause unnecessary trouble." Your piercing gaze focused on Kikyo. You sounded threatening however, deep inside, you were actually afraid and confused.

Your eyebrows met as your face formed a frown. "What purpose do I serve? I've had enough with your lies and secrets."

"I suggest you calm down first." Kikyo giggled as she prepares to speak,

"You may already know why we took you in, part of it was that you had displayed immense aura despite being a mere infant. Silva on the other hand was hesitant with the idea of taking you in as I suggested. However, all he wanted was to make me smile, so he agreed." Kikyo said with a smile on her lips.

"You were trained to become an ideal killing machine for the future heir, Kil." Kikyo added and your brows met.

"So you're trying to say that I was an experiment?" You asked with furrowed brows and a dark tone.

"More or less. We considered throwing you out when Kil was born, however! Illumi disagreed. He argued that you will still be useful for the family business. And you are indeed a successful experiment."

"To get back to my point, Silva agreed that your aura was not like any other, and it made him realize that it would be waste if we were to ignore it. He then took you to train when he discovered your potential."