16: Rest Up

As you finally escaped Hisoka. You continued on walking towards the long halls of the airship. It was dead silent. Your footsteps were barely audible. Your movements were always so quiet. You're used to moving without noise.

The applicants were likely resting. You couldn't blame them, even you needed to rest. They are currently in their respective rooms.

The airship is spacious enough to include a bar, a lounge, and bedrooms. You finally found a bedroom that was unoccupied, it was in the corner of the hall so it would less likely have other applicants roaming around.

You held the doorknob. Before opening the door, you activated your En. It was exhausting but it would be only for a few seconds and a few meters. You needed to check if someone was hiding there, concealing their presence. If so, then it'd better to check and bail out rather than getting yourself in trouble. You didn't have the energy to deal with anything right now.

When your En maxed out from your impressive range of 20 meters despite being at your limit, you confirmed that no one was present in your 20 meter radius. With that, you opened the door and locked it

The room was the same as where Hisoka brought you to, but the bed was untouched. You sighed in relief, you closed your eyes and deactivated your ability. Your body slowly morphed into your original form.

You hadn't realized how weak your knees were. Your legs wobbled as you sat on the bed.

6- no 7 hours of sleep would be enough.

You didn't need an alarm clock, it was convenient for you to be trained to wake up in a specific time.

You brought yourself on the bed ignoring your fatigue.

If Illumi was here, I'd get in trouble for using my ability this long without breaks. You sighed in relief that he wasn't there. You can already imagine how his face would look the same but his aura would change.

You started to wonder. Where could Illumi be right now. You imagined him going out the estate to his job in this kind of time.

You thought even deeper. You struggled untangling your thoughts as you recalled getting mad over Illumi leaving unannounced, as you used your anger as fuel to train.

Why was I affected that much when he left? Maybe because he never left you that long without telling you he'd be gone? Even so, why would I feel like that? The feeling you were experiencing at the moment was confusing and foreign. You began experiencing the feeling when you found out Illumi left.

"Did you perhaps... Missed me?" The queston Illumi brought up before he left your room flashed in your mind.

You asked yourself, did I missed him? You closed your eyes shut, ignoring the question in your mind. How do I even know if I miss someone...You scolded yourself for thinking about Illumi before you sleep.

How annoying. You thought, referring to Illumi's emotionless face that flashed in your head. He's not even there but you're thinking too much about him, this made you slightly irritated and confused.

You sighed in annoyance as you turned to your side with furrowed eyebrows and closed eyes. You finally silenced your mind allowing yourself to doze off.

You felt strong arms carrying your incapacitated body, warm blood running down your forehead. The lights were dim in the under ground torture room of the Zoldyck's manor but it was still too bright for you, making you squint as you attempted to open your eyes.

You groaned in pain as you felt the injuries in your body finally starting to hit you. "Hm? You're awake." You noticed that this man was tall, he had long hair and a plain comforting voice.

"I-illumi." It was Illumi, carrying you. He seemed like he was heading out of the underground torture room up to the manor, in your room, to treat your wounds and injuries.

You let him be, his arms were gently supporting your body to rest against his. He knew you stained his fresh and clean clothes with blood, but that wasn't on his mind. You inhaled his scent as you rested the side of your face against his chest, closing your eyes.

"Don't die yet." You heard him mused with a light tone as he felt the weight of your head on his chest. With eyes closed, you chuckled. "Yeah yeah." You said lightheartedly with a small laugh.

As Illumi arrived in your room with you on his arms, he gently placed you on your well made bed. You remembered only lying there with eyes closed as you heard Illumi opening the drawers where your medical kit was kept. You felt the bed sink, indicating that Illumi was sitting beside your barely alive body.

"Can you move this arm?" He pointed at your right arm. "Nope, it's shattered." You answered casually as if it was a common occurrence. (It was)

"You could just use your healing ability. Unfortunately, you're too injured and drained to even move a muscle. What more in activating your nen ability." You hummed with his response. With that, Illumi opened the medical kit.

His hand moved skillfully as he dressed your wounds. He was good at this. He learned it himself when he was this injured after every training, so it wasn't a surprise if he was skilled in treating injuries.

The distance between you two felt intimate, you didn't understood why it felt comforting and warm despite your aching body. It felt nice for him to do this for you, you felt taken care of.

You felt Illumi's hands stopped touching your injuries, he was done. "Dad told me that you were barely making progress." You let out a quiet "tch". Annoyed and bothered by the fact that Illumi brought it up. This interrupted the intimate moment.

You were already disappointed and upset with yourself for barely improving, you didn't want Illumi to think the same as Silva. Useless and weak.

"Is that the best you've got? Have you reached your full potential, Y/N?" His words may be plain and emotionless but it felt like daggers stabbing through your chest.

It was the last conversation you had with Illumi before he left unannounced for 10 months. Now you remembered why you were so angry at him. You had the urge, you were eager to prove to him that you're more than capable and strong, you felt weak and ashamed when he spoke to you like that.

However, in the back of your head, lies the truth.

You actually missed him too.